Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The manual says to check and drain the fuel water seperator. I know how to check for floating red ring, but nowhere in manual can I find info for draining the beast. I guess maybe take locking ring off and tip upside down after turning fuel valve off. Must be a better way. Thanks, Dan

·
Premium Member
14,114 Posts
The manual says to check and drain the fuel water seperator. I know how to check for floating red ring, but nowhere in manual can I find info for draining the beast. I guess maybe take locking ring off and tip upside down after turning fuel valve off. Must be a better way. Thanks, Dan
Nope that's the way.

·
Registered
21,475 Posts
You mean they also eliminated the drain petcock on the newer models? The more I hear stuff like this the more I'm glad to have my older version 2520. There is a petcock at the bottom of the separator for exactly this purpose.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That's sure what I looked for!

·
Premium Member
14,114 Posts
I've owned a 2210,2305,1026r,and 1025r ,,,never had a drain petcock.. You would think so ,but NOPE.:thumbsdown:

·
Registered
3,554 Posts
What a waste...I believe my separator holds around a pint....if not more.
Do this right after you grease the entire tractor. Diesel fuel will get that nasty green stuff right off your hands, and a pint is just about the right amount to do it.

(This helpful hint is brought to you by GeezerWorks.InfoServe.orb)

:laugh::lol::usa:greentractorride:

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Your so right. My father inlaw been gone for 25 years. Owned his own business with heavy equipment. His specialty was dragline ditching walking on large pads. I often helped him with repairs and he taught me to clean my hands with diesel fuel. I had forgotten this. Thanks for the memory. Dan

·
Registered
3,554 Posts
Your so right. My father inlaw been gone for 25 years. Owned his own business with heavy equipment. His specialty was dragline ditching walking on large pads. I often helped him with repairs and he taught me to clean my hands with diesel fuel. I had forgotten this. Thanks for the memory. Dan
This, of course, could be debated by proponents of all the "new" rules and regulations set forth by the AMA, ADA, OSHA, BSA, GSA, PTA, etc. "Back in the day" we used diesel fuel. Today the healthy set recommends we use regulated hand cleaners "approved" by whoever... The cleaner itself probably contains some interesting by products of pork or petrolium production which they can slip by the EPA rules via PAC's. I'm old school and will die old school when my time comes, diesel fuel or GoJo or WD40 (another "old tyme" hand cleaner)...:laugh:

(General Note: Your genetic make-up may vary expected lifespan regardless of garage hygiene!):yahoo:

·
Administrator
17,280 Posts
This, of course, could be debated by proponents of all the "new" rules and regulations set forth by the AMA, ADA, OSHA, BSA, GSA, PTA, etc. "Back in the day" we used diesel fuel. Today the healthy set recommends we use regulated hand cleaners "approved" by whoever... The cleaner itself probably contains some interesting by products of pork or petrolium production which they can slip by the EPA rules via PAC's. I'm old school and will die old school when my time comes, diesel fuel or GoJo or WD40 (another "old tyme" hand cleaner)...:laugh:

(General Note: Your genetic make-up may vary expected lifespan regardless of garage hygiene!):yahoo:
Eating fried chicken after for lunch will get those hands pretty clean also :laugh:

·
Premium Member
10,954 Posts
Eating fried chicken after for lunch will get those hands pretty clean also :laugh:
Mmmm Mmmm, nothing beats fried chicken glazed with citrus GoJo

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
If you want to get really old school...I've read where people used to use urine mixed with sand to get teeth really white.
Yeah, but wood ashes work much better, and most likely don't taste as bad.

Not that I would know...

·
Registered
3,554 Posts
If you want to get really old school...I've read where people used to use urine mixed with sand to get teeth really white.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Really? I'm "old" but I'm NOT that old!:laugh:

·
Bonehead Club Lackey
10,200 Posts

You forgot the main one, the PITA.
Hair shampoo (for those that use it) works too. Gets the finger nails really clean as you shampoo your hair. 'Course it gets hard to do when you don't have any hair, but that's a reason to grow a beard or mustache. I use Dawn dishwashing liquid my self. :thumbup1gif:

·
Premium Member
14,114 Posts
You forgot the main one, the PITA.
Hair shampoo (for those that use it) works too. Gets the finger nails really clean as you shampoo your hair. 'Course it gets hard to do when you don't have any hair, but that's a reason to grow a beard or mustache. I use Dawn dishwashing liquid my self. :thumbup1gif:
Shaving cream works also.

·
Bonehead Club Lackey
10,200 Posts
Shaving cream works also.
:laugh: You know, I haven't used shaving cream since I joined the Marines. They had us wet shave and I've been doing it ever since. Told us that cream doesn't travel well in Viet Nam and the only thing you get is water. Besides cream takes space you need for ammo and extra socks. :thumbup1gif:

·
Registered
3,554 Posts
Hand washing has an optional two step program. First, the diesel fuel restores the color of natural skin and removes the grease. Good enough for most of us right there. However, if you have a hot date or promise for the evening, one should always do the second step with shampoo or dish liquid to remove any chance for the, "Euuuwww, you smell like... like.... Oh darn, I'm beginning to get a headache from that awful fuel odor!"...and the inevitable long face you will be wearing as you sit and watch TV alone again.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts