Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I've been trying to figure out if my '93 6200 is capable of floating the 640 FEL?

It is discussed regarding the 3pt hitch, but not the FEL.
Some models talk about moving the control lever to a far forward position, and feeling for a detent. I tried this, but couldn't find it.

Any ideas?

Thanks for your input!

·
Registered
5,849 Posts
Usually there

Almost every FEL I've ever been on has this function. Sometimes the detent is pretty soft but sometimes it's very noticeable and you think you've hit the end of movement. I don't know about your particular tractor/loader but I suspect you have it.

Treefarmer

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Almost every FEL I've ever been on has this function. Sometimes the detent is pretty soft but sometimes it's very noticeable and you think you've hit the end of movement. I don't know about your particular tractor/loader but I suspect you have it.

Treefarmer
Thanks Treefarmer.
I'll try a couple more things.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
971 Posts
The loader control valve is equipped with float, but there are some things that can prevent it from working. Easiest to try is adjusting the cable. Sometimes the lever can bottom out on travel before it reaches float. Also, the "detent cap" on top of the loader boom spool sometimes gets moisture in it and the detent rusts and wont allow it to work properly. The moisture problem was fairly common on earlier 6000 series tractors. The seals were later improved to prevent moisture getting in. Sometimes the detent cap can be removed, disassembled, cleaned and lubed to make them work. Sometimes they need new parts.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts