Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
2016 1025r
707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
About 2 and half feet but it’s loaded in front of wheels and can’t go over them tought of May be building a ramp to pull it off the side with my a

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
If you can pull it off the back of the trailer and get some cribbing under it and the pull the trailer mostly out from under it and then put some more cribbing by the other end. Get the trailer out of the way then use some high lift jacks to lift it off the cribbing and slowly work it down by removing the cribbing a layer at a time from each end.

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
Re-reading your situation you can’t get it past the trailer wheels going towards the back?
Same methodology, jack it up and place some cribbing or crossmembers under it until you can get the trailer out from under it then lower it down.

·
Premium Member
12,135 Posts
Photos of the trailer and shed would be very helpful for specific advice.

Glad to hear Mrs. PP has changed her mind about the tractor and you get to keep it.... (y)

·
Premium Member
1,011 Posts
Glad to hear Mrs. PP has changed her mind about the tractor and you get to keep it.... (y)
Mrs. PP?!?! 🤣

(Yes, I know it's short for PigPen... - but my inner 10 year old... can't help himself! )

·
Premium Member
12,135 Posts
Mrs. PP?!?! 🤣

(Yes, I know it's short for PigPen... - but my inner 10 year old... can't help himself! )
Hey, he picked the screen name....... o_O

Believe it or not, that didn't even occur to me when I typed it,

Sort of like the old joke from Leave it to Beaver where June Cleaver says "Ward, did you have to be so hard on the Beaver last night?"

:unsure:

·
Registered
324 Posts
Two quick questions. How did it get on the trailer? Can that process be reversed?

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
Can you build up the trailer for with pallets or cribbing and set the shed on top of that to avoid having it trapped by the trailer wheels?

·
Registered
717 Posts
Can you build up the trailer for with pallets or cribbing and set the shed on top of that to avoid having it trapped by the trailer wheels?
What I am wondering is how an 8x8 shed is between the wheels of a trailer. By description it can't be a deckover. Love to see a picture of the trailer with the shed.

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
What I am wondering is how an 8x8 shed is between the wheels of a trailer. By description it can't be a deckover. Love to see a picture of the trailer with the shed.
I was imagining it hanging over the sides in front of the fenders on a flat car trailer. Seems like that would be way too much tongue weight like that. Best case is to get it centered over the trailer above the fenders. He would need to watch the height to stay under 13’6”

·
Registered
189 Posts
I don't think you will be able to haul it in front of the wheels because the weight will be too much on the tow truck and raise the front tires to loose steering control. Can you get a flat bed trailer?

·
Registered
189 Posts
Another question, what material is this shed made of, how much do you think it weighs and does it have a floor in it? This info will help you get answers for hauling and removing.

·
Registered
2016 1025r
707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Ok I was thinking of using my car trailer and it’s 8 feet tall wooden and has a wood floor

·
Registered
944 Posts
When I've needed sheds moved I've called a local tow company and they delivered them on their rollback wrecker. It didn't cost me much.

·
Premium Member
'20 1025R, 120R, 54D
1,416 Posts
When I've needed sheds moved I've called a local tow company and they delivered them on their rollback wrecker. It didn't cost me much.
Can't tell you how many I moved with a rollback...

·
Registered
576 Posts
Does the trailer have sides or side-rails?

If not, I wonder if you can lay the shed on the trailer with 4x4's under it. When you get home, slide longer posts underneath (outside the wheels of the trailer) and build-up with jacks / cribbage so that you can drive the trailer out, then lower it down slowly

Hmmm... sounds dangerous ? I dunno. That's my my novice-self would try and probably break something / someone in the process :)

1 - 20 of 78 Posts