Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, after some looking, I found a 54" plow, power lift and angle, for my brand new x758. The salesman said it was off a 2305, but we test fit it and it snapped right onto my front frame. For whatever reason, the used plow they had from a 720 had too skinny of a mounting bracket opening, and the hydraulic lines were about 2 feet too short. So I got this one home, installed it, and then noticed the much longer lines were hanging right down onto my front tire. Now I don't know if I had bought a set up exactly for my tractor I wouldn't have had this issue or what, so if this doesn't apply to those, oh well. At least someone can use this info for direction if they're wondering about interchangeability of plow frames for the new x's.

So I noted 2 empty holes in the plow frame for who knows what, and the wheels got to turning. After running hose armor on the 4 lines (I won't get struck down if I mention it's Caretpillar hose armor, will I? Lol. It's amazing stuff!) I started maching up a bracket. I ended up using a 2" plate with 2 holes drilled and a piece of 1" box steel about 30" long. Some welding, which probably won't win any awards for appearance, and some fancy work with a torch and smartly placed bends, and here's what I got:

Some dress up of the welds, a coat of paint, and I should be ready to rock and roll when the snow flies!

·
Administrator
20,906 Posts
I think that looks great! Nice job. :drinks:

·
Administrator
18,340 Posts
Hey thats really cool looking! :good2:

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
Nice Job....I like it:good2:

·
Premium Member
9,819 Posts
That is some good thinking! :hi:

Looks pretty darn good! :thumbup1gif:

Not to hijack your thread - but I have a blade and quick hitch for sale if anyone is thinking they'd like to try this......

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
37,849 Posts
Good job 6shooter. Just for the record, I was prepared to help when I opened the post.:thumbup1gif:

Reactions: Artillian

·
Administrator
20,906 Posts
That is some good thinking! :hi:

Looks pretty darn good! :thumbup1gif:

Not to hijack your thread - but I have a blade and quick hitch for sale if anyone is thinking they'd like to try this......
List it for sale in our classified section. Don't forget the pics.:good2:

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
37,849 Posts
Go fix my email notification and don't forget to post pictures.:lol:

·
GTT Vendor
1,534 Posts
Great job 6shooter. Deere provides an inexpensive hose guide loop that screws onto the side of the tractor frame for this purpose. The seller of the plow should have given that to you with the purchase. Dealers usually end up with so many extras of them from new tractor preps that they get thrown away. However, I don't know what your specific tractor takes so this may be marginal information. In any case, it's all behind you now.

Be sure to drill a drain hole in the bottom of the tube if there isn't already a way for water to get out. :good2:

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
37,849 Posts
Great job 6shooter. Deere provides an inexpensive hose guide loop that screws onto the side of the tractor frame for this purpose. The seller of the plow should have given that to you with the purchase. Dealers usually end up with so many extras of them from new tractor preps that they get thrown away. However, I don't know what your specific tractor takes so this may be marginal information. In any case, it's all behind you now.

Be sure to drill a drain hole in the bottom of the tube if there isn't already a way for water to get out. :good2:
:thumbup1gif:I have one that was a leftover in my garage right now that I got from the dealer, haven't used it yet. I have, looked at pictures of tractors on the Internet, find the holder I want, go to the JD parts Web site for that tractor (not mine), get the part number and order it.

·
GTT Vendor
1,534 Posts
I just saw 6shooters other thread about this plow and that he actually bought it from a dealership. Tisk tisk. They should have got him all set up properly. It sounds like the person he worked with was....can't think of a kinder term....clueless?....

·
Premium Member
7,838 Posts
Was the hose rap the type you have to slide the hoses into? Or is it split? Do you buy it by the foot?

·
Premium Member
9,819 Posts
It is listed - in two threads - one just the blade, the other with the tractor. And both have pictures....:good2:

And I have the frame loops that go with it as well....but I think the OP's solution is pretty cool.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts