Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Yes... I have a John Deere 3038E tractor... I also have the imatch quick hitch.. my question is I’m pulling a bushog brand finishing mower and was wondering if I hand it hooked up rite?

Attachments

·
Registered
12,508 Posts
:unknown:i think u need to install the hook onto the pin-instead of pin thru the top of i-match. that's my 2 cts. if i knew how to draw on ur pics i would or could explain it better-ok. someone will come along and draw what i'm trying to say. good luck!:thumbup1gif:

·
Registered
3,687 Posts
I think (80% anyways,,,:dunno:) that those two long bars that connect to the back of the mower need to be replaced by chains,,,

or,,

they need to be replaced by bars with a pivot,,,

Somehow, the rear of the mower needs the capability to angle up on various terrain,,

Reactions: rtgt

·
Premium Member
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
:unknown:i think u need to install the hook onto the pin-instead of pin thru the top of i-match. that's my 2 cts. if i knew how to draw on ur pics i would or could explain it better-ok. someone will come along and draw what i'm trying to say. good luck!:thumbup1gif:
Yes... I understand what your saying, but wouldn’t it come out of the hook on the imatch once you lowered it to cut? I may be completely wrong ?

·
Premium Member
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think (80% anyways,,,:dunno:) that those two long bars that connect to the back of the mower need to be replaced by chains,,,

or,,

Somehow, the rear of the mower needs the capability to angle up on various terrain,,
That’s what the swing piece that I got the pin thru does... it allows it to pivot

·
Registered
265 Posts
It looks like you have the lower attachment hooks connected to the mower, if that is so, then the mower isn’t quick hitch compatible. You may have to remove the QH and connect directly without the hitch.

·
Premium Member
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It looks like you have the lower attachment hooks connected to the mower, if that is so, then the mower isn’t quick hitch compatible. You may have to remove the QH and connect directly without the hitch.
Yes... your correct, I do have the lower attachment hooks connected....

·
Registered
839 Posts

or,,

Without seeing how those flat bars attach at the back end, its hard to say. I have a 5ft rotary of unknown make and model, and it looks almost identical to his pics, but it pivots. It's buried under a foot of snow right now, or i'd snap a pic.

·
Registered
839 Posts
Yes... I have a John Deere 3038E tractor... I also have the imatch quick hitch.. my question is I’m pulling a bushog brand finishing mower and was wondering if I hand it hooked up rite?
That is very odd. Not sure what is going on there.
What make and model is the mower?
Can you take a few more pics just a little farther back, so we can get a broader view?

·
Registered
423 Posts
That mower is not quick hitch compatible as it is right now. The manufacturer probably makes
a quick hitch kit for it. As CAD stated, it will come with chains and some different hook up brackets,
that will allow you to use the top hook of the quick hitch.

Now with that being said, what you have done there will probably work. I bought a finish mower and it wasn't
quick hitch ready. Quick hitch kit was around $200 so I decided to try something very similar to what you did.
Mine works fine. Sure you have to hook up the top bracket but still is very easy to do and beats the
heck out of not having a quick hitch.

Try it. If it works, mow on brother, mow on.:bigthumb:

Reactions: rtgt

·
Registered
3,687 Posts
That’s what the swing piece that I got the pin thru does... it allows it to pivot
The swing piece is only a swing piece if it is connected directly to the top link.

Connecting it to the quick hitch,, the "swing piece" becomes a "rigid piece", :flag_of_truce:

·
Registered
184 Posts
quick hitch adapter

I think Gizmo had the solution.

I use one of these to hook my non-quick hitch bush hog to my 1025R, with Harbor Freight quick hitch.

It replaces the hook.

Attachments

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
37,849 Posts
I think Gizmo had the solution.

I use one of these to hook my non-quick hitch bush hog to my 1025R, with Harbor Freight quick hitch.

It replaces the hook.
I use one of those with my landscape rake.

·
Premium Member
9,819 Posts

·
Premium Member
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
BINGO!!!! THANK YOU!!! I had purchased this adapter awhile back... but couldn’t figure out how to attach it and where!! AMAZING HELP!!! Thank you!

Thanks to everyone that replied to my post.... it was all welcomed knowledge... once again thanks to you all.... awesome bunch of men....

·
Premium Member
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
That mower is not quick hitch compatible as it is right now. The manufacturer probably makes
a quick hitch kit for it. As CAD stated, it will come with chains and some different hook up brackets,
that will allow you to use the top hook of the quick hitch.

Now with that being said, what you have done there will probably work. I bought a finish mower and it wasn't
quick hitch ready. Quick hitch kit was around $200 so I decided to try something very similar to what you did.
Mine works fine. Sure you have to hook up the top bracket but still is very easy to do and beats the
heck out of not having a quick hitch.

Try it. If it works, mow on brother, mow on.
Yes.... believe it or not... it does mow just fine like it is, but I was wondering if I had it hooked up rite or was there a better way.... but you are correct... so far it works, I just don’t want to be binding up something because of it not being hooked up correctly and cause damage down the road

1 - 17 of 17 Posts