Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This thing is stuck up, I can't get it down for the life of me and can't attach the mower because of its position and I can't find a video that tells me other than it needs to be horizontal or a little bit facing down. (I had the bolt tighten and was trying to push it) Any help greatly appreciated.

·
Super Moderator
3,620 Posts
Disconnect the PTO shaft from the trans. There's a collar that you pull forward first, then pull the driveshaft from the stub shaft on the trans. That should allow the female end to swing down back into position. Reverse process to install. Do your adjustments and tighten the nuts.

·
Premium Member
6,135 Posts
Those yolks need regular greasing to slide freely while the whole shebang is lifted up and down. Not enough and it can hairlip like that. Not something a BFH is called for. Give it some regular love once you get it un jammed and it should behave better for you

·
Registered
1,975 Posts
And make sure that once it's down and adjusted you tighten the stop bolt nuts.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Before you do all that work of adjusting, are you doing the correct procedure to do the hookup. Make sure you adjusted the height setting to install. Then lower the 3 point lift to the lowest setting. Then take another look to see if anything changed down under.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Driveshaft splines are not lubed and sliding freely.
Pull the shaft as mentioned and do your regular lube maintenance.
Then the coupling will lower and raise with proper alignment to the deck gearbox shaft.

·
Registered
86 Posts
The drive shaft inner shaft might be peened on the back end. I read before that sometimes the end of the inner shaft can hit against the knuckle and peen out the edges and cause it not to drop. Had that happen to me. There was a solution to remove the inner shaft and chamfer the edges. Haven't done that, but I might in the future.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks everyone for the replies, had my mechanic neighbor and I mess around with it for about two hours and the mechanical lift is also not working, so looks like I'm just going to get it serviced as the shaft is still quite lubricated.

@ClydeLogan Had it for about a year bought it for the Backhoe and frontloader and love those attachments that have nearly all the hours as we bought a barn to convert to a home and I used it to dig holes for electric lines, drain lines, move stuff around the property and up to the front so I wasn't carrying a ton, the mower deck on the other hand, I wish I bought a standalone as this is the first time I've done lawn maintenance myself in about 5yrs.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts