Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

Registered
馃槻馃槵 Oops is an understatement. Hope they had bumper to bumper coverage. 馃挷馃挷馃挷

Registered
Proof that you can't fix stupid....................

Dave

Reactions: Jimmy Walker

Registered
I saw this...they said over $30K just for PARTS.

I think the idiots meant to put the transfer case in neutral but went too far and put it in 4-low and didn't realize it...

Registered
50k rpm... Oh baby, I bet that thing was screamin! I wonder how long it lasted?

Registered
That was painful to read. I really hope that falls under the category, "mistakes you only make once".

Registered
I wonder what there not telling us. It almost had to of popped into gear while at speed. If it was in 4l and 1st gear from the start , I would think it would have slid the tires it would have pulled so hard. Back when manual transmissions were common place, we used to push or pull start vehicles with dead batteries . If it didn鈥檛 start right a way the rear tires would slide or it came to quick stop.

one of my buddies and a girlfriend bump the 4wd drive shifter and put it in low ,while driving down the highway. it Just took the transfer case out . This was in a Ford ranger.

Registered
The Jeep Wrangler transfer case isn鈥檛 the easiest to get into Low range. You need to pull the lever from the all the way forward position to all the way rearward. The Rubicons have a lower geared transfer case than the standard wrangler. That thing had be spinning like crazy. The article said it was being flat towed behind a motorhome. I doubt you would notice the extra resistance of the Jeep being in gear. There鈥檚 no way that it both popped into gear and the transfer case shifted to low range accidentally. This is definitely an example of READ THE OWNER鈥橲 MANUAL!

Registered
A few years ago my uncle had his granddaughter ruin the engine of his F150. She had just got her driver鈥檚 license, so he thought he鈥檇 be nice a let her take his truck to school. She put the truck in m instead of d and didn鈥檛 know it. She told him something was wrong the the truck before it stopped it wouldn鈥檛 go very fast even though she had it floored for a long time.

Registered
There has to be more to this story than just 鈥渢he transfer case shifter was bumped鈥 lol
Yea there is, but this is a family site. Some how she managed to push the lever into 4l while going down the highway, he was driving . She is his wife today.

Registered
^^^ Guess it was worth the expense...

Reactions: Jimmy Walker

Registered
I would think, if it were placed in 4-wheel LOW prior to towing, the tires would have slid. :unsure:
Must have been a hell of a RV(Bus, Couch) towing it for the driver not to notice.:whistle:
Never underestimate idiots with an RV. My in laws totalled a jeep liberty they were towing behind their rv. Also filled the rv full of gas instead of diesel on the same trip. Driving around with a regular class c license. Meanwhile I need a non commericial class b to drive a fireteuck...

Registered
Never underestimate idiots with an RV. My in laws totalled a jeep liberty they were towing behind their rv. Also filled the rv full of gas instead of diesel on the same trip. Driving around with a regular class c license. Meanwhile I need a non commericial class b to drive a fireteuck...
Just get a class A regular drivers license and then you are covered for everything. But don't go to Ottawa for it. They never heard of if and insist that there is no such thing as a regular class A.

So the only real difference between getting a class B and a class A is what vehicle you take in for the driving test.

Dave

Reactions: flyweight

Registered
Just get a class A regular drivers license and then you are covered for everything. But don't go to Ottawa for it. They never heard of if and insist that there is no such thing as a regular class A.

So the only real difference between getting a class B and a class A is what vehicle you take in for the driving test.

Dave
Ive had a class b for 15 years. Took a pumper across the street from our station in Emporia for a driving test at the Emporia dmv. I dont do anything anymore that would require that kind of license

1 - 20 of 20 Posts