Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the correct way to measure a backhoe bucket?

I'm supposed to have a 16" backhoe bucket, but if I measure width it is about 12". I know when I was looking at the Kubota the width was different between the 12" and 16". With JD, I think it was a different measure?

If I measure from tooth to the top of the bucket it is 16". Is this the correct way to measure it for JD? Odd that Kubota and JD would measure them differently.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Sounds like you got a 12" and not a 16" bucket. My 46 has a 13" bucket that measures 13" wide. 14" from the outside points of the teeth. You may want to talk to your dealer.

obtw Contrats on the new tractor.

·
Super Moderator
5,281 Posts
All of them are measured by the bucket width. An 8" bucket is 8" wide, a 12" bucket is 12" wide, etc... Deere measures their's the same way Kubota (and everyone else in the industry) measures their's.

Reactions: JD4044M and jgayman

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yea, I just watched a video on youtube with a 16" and it is a lot wider like the Kubota. I'm not sure how they missed that as that is partially why I waited for a month to get it!!

I checked the serial and it matches up with the contract, they did the Rim Guard and the Block Heater so all of it is correct but the hoe bucket.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Interesting, emailed the dealer yesterday and nothing. Called today and got excuses that it was over looked because they only order them with 12" buckets. That may be, but it's on the quote for a 16" and was supposed to be ordered back in December! Supposed to order it today! We'll see!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts