Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 4052r I bought new in 2015 it has rear remotes with the valve to control them mounted on the joystick with a three-way switch on the right fender what is the combination of the switch joystick and loader movement controls to get this thing to operate the rear hydraulics thank you

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have messed with it quite a bit more on several implements I can get them all to go down rake hay Tedder manure drag but they will not go back up they all have the flat style Kepler I wonder if I should change them to a ball style any help would be appreciated. Here are some pics of what I am working with

Attachments

·
Registered
4,338 Posts
That looks like a rear 3rd SCV. I have 4th and 5th, but do not have 3rd. As best I can help you, it should operate from the button on the 1st/2nd (loader) SCV lever on the right console. If you have them hooked up correctly, the bottom button should lower the attachment. Otherwise, you may have to reverse the connections. Connections should be OK for anything you might want to hook up that is germane to this tractor.

Dave

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I guess I will call the dealer on Monday and see what is going on I'm sure I am out of luck since it has been 5 years.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Do you have 3rd function on your loader? (for grapple or 4 way bucket) If so I believe you have a rocker switch on the right council to transfer the little button on your joy stick from front to back.

My Grapple bucket hooks to the rear SCV's so I do not have a switch. I do know that some R Series tractors come with them.

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
when i doubt consult the manual

OMLVU32571

Edit: seems like the link just takes you to the correct manual not the specific section........ Its in section 70B ...

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I can't find 70b in that manual from the link. Does it seem correct that when I push the button on the joystick.that I have to curl the loader for the rear hydraulic yo go down?

·
Registered
152 Posts
We have a similar setup on our 4052R except our 3 SCV is routed to the front for our grapple. The rocker switch you have is for continuous flow. If you engage it (green light on) the hydro pump will continuously move fluid through the valve. The light to the left of it is a temperature sensor for your hydro fluid. If you are using continuous flow, your hydro fluid will heat up much faster than during normal use. You won't need continuous flow for 99% of your uses. Ensure that switch is disengaged (green light off, push the top) and then your thumb control on the loader should control your rear remote.

Reactions: PJR832 and rtgt

·
Registered
4,440 Posts
How many hoses on the implement? sounds like you have hay equipment so probably single-acting cylinders which means just 1 hose. Have you tried swapping the hose(s) around to the opposite coupler?

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
All the equipment have two hoses and yes I have tried swapping them if I put the hoses one way it will not lower or anything if I put them the other way it will lower but not go up. also does it seem right but I would have to push the button on the joystick and move the joystick at the same time for the implement to lower?

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The dealer is lost. They aren't even sure if the rear remote should work with a push of the button or if I should have to curl the loader.

·
Registered
152 Posts
You only have one set of remotes (2 plugs) on the rear of your tractor, correct? I ask, because there is an option to have a diverter valve on your tractor. It's basically a switch on your tractor (by your right side) that either routes fluid to your loader arms, bucket curls, and 3rd SVC when you use your loader controls, or you can hit that switch and route fluid to your rear remotes. When routed to the rear, you still use your loader controls to control everything in back. In that case though, you would have 3 sets (6 plugs) back there.

The only other thing I can think is that your 3rd SCV (thumb control) is plumed in an odd way. On the right side of your tractor where the loader hoses hook up (what you would have to disconnect if you were to remove the loader), how many ports are there? Are there 6, or only 4? My only thought is that your rear remotes are actually routed to the middle of the tractor and then a jumper hose carries fluid back to the rear of the tractor. If that's the case, you could just have your hoses in the wrong place.

This is hard to diagnose without seeing everything first hand. More pictures and even a video would be greatly helpful.

Reactions: PJR832

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Ok thanks I only I have 2 hoses in rear(one remote). I have the switch on the right side(see pic). And a button on loader. It seems odd that the loader would have to be in motion to run the rear remotes. It would be impossible to run a log splitter for one person. I will get some.more pics today of the hose hook ups.thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Okay so I took the switch apart and found a bad connection now it will lower and raise my rear implement like it should except I still have to be pushing the button on the joystick and curling the loader at the same time for it to work here is some more pictures of my setup.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
I can't find 70b in that manual from the link. Does it seem correct that when I push the button on the joystick.that I have to curl the loader for the rear hydraulic yo go down?
I cant copy and paste it here as its copyrighted....just go to the link i provided earlier...scroll down the left side till you find the section i show below....then choose the "using the 3rd valve selective control valve(scv) outlet" click it and read ...even has pictures....hopefully this will help....if it doesnt fix your problem then you have more issues....you should never have to curl your bucket to get a scv to fuction

70B - Selective Control Valve Operation
Avoid High-Pressure Fluids
Connecting Implement Hydraulic Hoses
Using Dual Selective Control Valve Lever—If Equipped
Using 3rd Selective Control Valve (SCV) Outlet—If Equipped
Using Power Beyond Outlet—If Equipped
Using IV and V Rear Outlet Selective Control Valve (SCV)—If Equipped
Using Diverter I, II, and III Rear Outlets—If Equipped

·
Registered
152 Posts
What ever came of this? I am really curious. My only other thought was that your continuous flow switch was locked on, but I would think you would notice that. Anxious to hear the fix.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I dropped it off at the dealer last week. Then I headed to Canada fishing for a week so hopefully they have it figured out and fixed when I get back tommorow. They suspected there was a hose kit they forgot to install.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts