Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It would be nice to manually turn the mower deck drive shaft to align the grease zerk for greasing. Does anyone know if the mid mount drive shaft can be put into neutral? And how to do so

·
Premium Member
14,876 Posts
According to the manual, put the mid mount pto lever to the rear PTO when installing your mower ..

Will allow the mid power driveshaft to turn so you can then grease .

·
Bonehead Club Lackey
10,269 Posts
Put it in the rear PTO position as was said. That will free the MMM shaft so you can move it by hand.

·
Registered
3,554 Posts
Yes, even I can turn it by hand, it just freewheels.:laugh: Having the lever in "REAR" position hooking up the deck was one of the things I needed to get the deck on more easily with less sliding. Something I missed in the manual in the beginning.

Now, if we could just get that rear engine to transmission shaft into "neutral" we'll have something and I could save some time aligning that damn front grease fitting with that leeeetle teeeeeny hole in the frame! :laugh:

·
Premium Member
5,754 Posts
Yes, even I can turn it by hand, it just freewheels.:laugh: Having the lever in "REAR" position hooking up the deck was one of the things I needed to get the deck on more easily with less sliding. Something I missed in the manual in the beginning.

Now, if we could just get that rear engine to transmission shaft into "neutral" we'll have something and I could save some time aligning that damn front grease fitting with that leeeetle teeeeeny hole in the frame! :laugh:

My bobcat has three u joints between the engine and the pump's. It always amazes me when I go to Grease them that they are always positioned correctly. There is only one place to reach back there and it is blind but it seems the motor always stops in the same place?

·
Registered
3,554 Posts
My bobcat has three u joints between the engine and the pump's. It always amazes me when I go to Grease them that they are always positioned correctly. There is only one place to reach back there and it is blind but it seems the motor always stops in the same place?
Man, you got some dynamite karma!!!:laugh:

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
Yes, even I can turn it by hand, it just freewheels.
Having the lever in "REAR" position hooking up the deck was one of the things I needed to get the deck on more easily with less sliding. Something I missed in the manual in the beginning.

Now, if we could just get that rear engine to transmission shaft into "neutral" we'll have something and I could save some time aligning that damn front grease fitting with that leeeetle teeeeeny hole in the frame!
Well since it's bolted to the engine..."neutral" isn't an option unless you take out the glow plugs or unbolt it from the flywheel. :)

A pry bar, VERY carefully in the rear ujoint, the slowly turn the shaft works to align that pesky grease fitting.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts