Green Tractor Talk banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
It took me about 10 minutes as well, however I must confess to using a deep well socket instead of a wrench.
I used a deep socket to remove the 2 nuts off the adjustment side but when I removed the 2 nuts on the opposite, outside, side the light is trapped behind the surrounding frame. How do you get the light off after removing the 4 nuts? Mine is a 2015 1025r. Is the process different?

·
Registered
36 Posts
I think you unfortunately have removed the wrong bolts. Mine is a 2018 model but I am guessing it’s still the same. The bolts you removed are the Horizontal headlight adjustment bolts which will not let you remove headlights. You need to look for the vertical bolt that has a male torex end to the side of each headlight. There is one bolt for each headlight.

·
Registered
471 Posts
On my 1026R I tipped the battery on end with the Vent tube pointing up and slid it out. The new battery was a sealed battery so there was no concern of acid spilling. Hopefully the new battery will also last for 7 years.

·
Registered
2,881 Posts
On my 1026R I tipped the battery on end with the Vent tube pointing up and slid it out. The new battery was a sealed battery so there was no concern of acid spilling. Hopefully the new battery will also last for 7 years.
How about the mfg name and number of that battery. Are you in a cold climate?

Sent from my SM-N976V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
471 Posts
How about the mfg name and number of that battery. Are you in a cold climate?

Sent from my SM-N976V using Tapatalk

I am in Northwest Lower Michigan, Cold but not bitter cold, I am blessed with something called Lake Effect Snow so dependability is the most important thing for me so I will always buy the biggest battery I can fit into any of my vehicles/implements.

I have tried to attach a picture of the CARQUEST label both in Firefox and from Internet explorer, but when I select the picture, I do not get the OK or Cancel button unless I have the URL tab selected and that doesn't insert the picture from my Hard Drive. I think a picture of the label will be the best way to convey the information as there is no fat fingered mistakes. If I do this right, it is a CARQUEST Gold 51R-2, 500 CCA. I wish the picture thing was working properly!

·
Super Moderator
2,580 Posts
I am in Northwest Lower Michigan, Cold but not bitter cold, I am blessed with something called Lake Effect Snow so dependability is the most important thing for me so I will always buy the biggest battery I can fit into any of my vehicles/implements.

I have tried to attach a picture of the CARQUEST label both in Firefox and from Internet explorer, but when I select the picture, I do not get the OK or Cancel button unless I have the URL tab selected and that doesn't insert the picture from my Hard Drive. I think a picture of the label will be the best way to convey the information as there is no fat fingered mistakes. If I do this right, it is a CARQUEST Gold 51R-2, 500 CCA. I wish the picture thing was working properly!
The picture thing is working properly. When you select "Insert Image", only "From URL" wil give you OK or CANCEL options. "From Computer" tab is what you want. When that comes up, click "Choose File". Another window should pop up asking where to find the file you want to upload. Select the file you want, click OK or DONE if needed to get back to the "Insert Image" box. Next to the "Choose File" button, the text of "No File Chosen" will be replaced with the name of your chosen file. Click "Upload File(s)". It may take a minute to upload.... depends on the size of the file and system congestion. When it's done, the box will close and your picture will attach to the body of your message.

Reactions: Marlin

·
Premium Member
5,097 Posts
Ok -figured it out

here is the deal. Remove the drivers side headlight. Its bolts are slightly easier to get to. Then carefully lift it and try not to dice your hand on the oul cooler. Ask me how i know.
:thumbup1gif:

I have a 2016 1025R and changed mine a month or so ago. Removed the right headlight, removed the battery cables and a bungee cord. Then I lifted it out. Installation reverse of removal. I found it quite simple.
:thumbup1gif:

This is the process I used . . . When I went to Sears for a replacement they didn't have the exact size replacement, just one a little smaller, but the same CCA, etc. That made the re-install much simpler.

:bigthumb:

Reactions: kylew and bama1025r

·
Registered
471 Posts
The picture thing is working properly. When you select "Insert Image", only "From URL" wil give you OK or CANCEL options. "From Computer" tab is what you want. When that comes up, click "Choose File". Another window should pop up asking where to find the file you want to upload. Select the file you want, click OK or DONE if needed to get back to the "Insert Image" box. Next to the "Choose File" button, the text of "No File Chosen" will be replaced with the name of your chosen file. Click "Upload File(s)". It may take a minute to upload.... depends on the size of the file and system congestion. When it's done, the box will close and your picture will attach to the body of your message.
Ok, I guess you have to be smarter than the computer.

Anyway this is what I installed. I don't know why it is upside down, it shows up correctly on my computer.

Attachments

Reactions: kylew

·
Super Moderator
2,580 Posts
Ok, I guess you have to be smarter than the computer. :laugh:

Anyway this is what I installed. I don't know why it is upside down, it shows up correctly on my computer.
Photos you want to upload here and taken with a phone, should be taken in landscape mode, with the 'Home' button on the right when you snap the picture. Photos that come out like what you just posted.... if you edit it first, even if it's a small change, usually will post correctly here. Many times I'll crop the photo, even if I barely resize it smaller. Then GTT usually accepts it without rotating it. Preview your post first and you can see how it will come out. One of those, it is what it is things, just have to adjust for it.

Reactions: Yank
21 - 29 of 29 Posts