Green Tractor Talk banner

How to Remove and Install AutoConnect Drive Over Mower Deck for John Deere 1023E, 1025R, or 2025R

2K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  Prairie State Matt 
#1 · (Edited)
Hey guys, trying our hand at some CUT how-to videos! Didn't see too many super detailed videos online about how to remove and re-install a 60D AutoConnect Mower Deck with Mechanical Lift on a 2025R (same for a 1023E and 1025R). Feel free to give constructive feedback as this is our first go at it! Justin has a wealth of knowledge from doing lawn & garden setup and selling green iron for nearly 15 years.

Would be happy to put more videos together on subjects you think are needed. Let me know!

- Prairie State Matt

#5 ·
I don’t drop mine until I get “over the hump” so to speak because I don’t want to drag my imatch on the concrete

#6 · (Edited)
@Prairie State Matt
This is a very well done video... kudos on keeping it simple.

Constructive feedback to give:

1) Missed indicating to turn the mechanical lift indicator back to install prior to driving over the deck to re-install.
2) The anti-scalp wheels should be set 1/4-3/8" above the ground once the desired cut height setting is set. Reference the label or manual
3) @ 10:07 when the front link draft is ready to engage into the front hooks, may be misleading that it's already hooked into position and the mid-PTO is now connected. Looks like you did a double take on that part.
4) Quick tip: set the PTO to the rear to allow the PTO to move freely at the Mid-Mount to allow the PTO to engage without resistance
5) Should also note the front draft link bar should be measured to ensure front hook connection and to ensure the deck (blades) are level from front to back. There's a gap to measure.

1) I liked that Justin connected by rolling the tractor forward in neutral to show how easy it can be if done right.
2) Justin was very clear in his instructions
3) Video person did a great job following along.
4) No need to edit, this covered all the basics for anyone needing assistance in my opinion.
5) I liked that you took this video in a clean shop without distractions or wind noise
6) Tractor and attachment was clean

For future, maybe tips and tricks on how to make adjustments if you find the cut is uneven - could be next on the mower deck video list.
It's all about keeping peoples attention. I did like how the video flowed through the information.

Cheers!

Reactions: DaveDelux
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.