Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need some help in how to remove a wire from the fuse panel. I have been having a starting issue where I was getting no power to the key switch. After looking over the wiring diagram the positive wire that runs from the starter to Fuse 1 is loose. When you have the key in the on the position you cab wiggle the wire where it goes into the fuse panel and cause the issue.

How do I remove the wire terminal from the fuse panel? I am guessing it has a little tab(s), but I am not seeing where I need to insert a tool to release the it.

Thanks in advance!

·
Premium Member
3,841 Posts
As you guessed, they are terminals crimped to the wire and held in with pins. This is what I found searching Amazon.

Reactions: jeddy04

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I do have a tool for removing the terminals for Audi/VW and generic one for automotive purposes..maybe one of those will work. I am having trouble seeing where to stick the tool. Is there a piece on the front that needs to be removed. On the Audi connectors, you have to slide a piece out of the way to remove the wire in additional to the little barbs.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I did exactly that on my 3038e a few years ago. I don't remember the detail that you need but think I have a couple of the connectors and will look at them to refresh my memory. I had extensive mouse damage behind the fuse panel which I repaired. I noted that when I went to remove some fuses that they were somewhat hard to remove because of corrosion. I sprayed all the connectors with contact cleaner which contains lube. This helps reduce corrosion. I replaced the corroded fuses and put a small dab of light synthetic grease on each fuse leg to reduce future corrosion. I have not had any problems with the panel since. I replaced the connectors which were connected to chewed wires. I used good quality wire, heat shrink tubing with all connections being soldered.
The fuse panel is not waterproof so if any water/moisture gets in behind it starts the corrosion process. If I clean my engine compartment with hose it can find it's way to the fuse panel. I no longer use the hose under hood.
The connectors are normally found in the automotive sector.
Give me a couple of days to see if I can restart my memory. Be the way my dealer was only able to provide the harness which was $$.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I forgot to suggest that you should try replacing the fuse after you use spray contact cleaner in the panel. with the panel sprayed (wet with cleaner) put the fuse in and out a few times to clean.
Maybe that is all needed.

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
Any idea how to remove this orange/red piece? I think it guarding the release tab.

In anything I've worked on, those just pull straight out. Yours looks like each red piece covers the entire row top to bottom so maybe start at one end and work it loose.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I was able to remove the wire...as Dixie460 said, you just work the orange sleeve out with a small screwdriver. I then used a small cotter pin on the backside of the fuse panel to free the wire. It had some corrosion on it. So I cleaned the terminal and put some dielectric grease on the fuse. There was a little bit of play where the fuse blade inserts into the terminal, but it is now a little better. Hopefully, that solves the problem. Now to find where the short is for the lights.

Thank you everyone for the help.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.