Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
23,554 Posts
For items too big for regular UPS a few folds here have been using Fastenal. You box or crate the item and take it to your closest store. They ship it to the store nearest the recipient who picks it up from there.

Prices are supposed to be very reasonable compared to other freight companies.

3PL (Third Party Logistics) | Fastenal)

·
Registered
10,480 Posts
A seat is a ups or FedEx shipment.

·
Registered
983 Posts
I just got a quote from Fastenal to ship a 150#, 2'x2'x2' skid from TN to NW PA...about 650 miles...$135. I also stopped at UPS, but they wouldn't quote until THEY weighed & measured the load. They did say they have a STRICT 150# max weight. Bob

·
Premium Member
2,849 Posts
I just used Fastenal to ship a pallet from Ohio to moline Illinois and I am very happy with the results. Shipped on a Thursday and got to moline Monday morning. I would recommend it.

·
Registered
10,480 Posts
Just strap them to a pallet. Nothing can overhang.

Reactions: Kennyd

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
Yup..whole seat(fender section) pan, or mower deck? Do you have to box it?

Rob
Depends on how your shipping and what their requirements are. FedEx or UPS, I’d say it should be boxed securely.

FedEx freight, Fastenall, etc? They’re requirements will be different than UPs and may be different than each other.

A word on Fastenall shipping from a recent experience as a buyer. I suggested it as an option to the seller and he inquired with them for a quote. In the end he used U-ship (Forward Air) and had my items on their way in a couple days. Fastenall FINALLY responded to the seller with a quote about the time I RECEIVED the shipment (a week later) on my end, and their cost was only $30 less than U-ship for 200# from Washington to Michigan

Reactions: rydplrs

·
Registered
4,564 Posts
Depends on how your shipping and what their requirements are. FedEx or UPS, I’d say it should be boxed securely.

FedEx freight, Fastenall, etc? They’re requirements will be different than UPs and may be different than each other.

A word on Fastenall shipping from a recent experience as a buyer. I suggested it as an option to the seller and he inquired with them for a quote. In the end he used U-ship (Forward Air) and had my items on their way in a couple days. Fastenall FINALLY responded to the seller with a quote about the time I RECEIVED the shipment (a week later) on my end, and their cost was only $30 less than U-ship for 200# from Washington to Michigan
Interesting. When I used Fastenal last year I got a quote from them within a couple of hours.

And when I was trying to get a chipper shipped 4 years ago, U-Ship was super expensive.

Not doubting what you're saying - just bringing this up as a reminder to "shop around" for this kind of stuff. :good2:

·
Premium Member
2,849 Posts
When I used fastenal shipping I got a quote while on a single phone call. I told her the size and weight and zip code from where it was shipped and what store to ship to. A pallet from Ohio to Moline Il was 125.00. When I picked it up they helped me take it off the pallet and they got rid of the trash. Very happy :good2::good2:

·
Administrator
18,785 Posts
I’ve gotten two quotes from Fastenal myself, both returned quickly.

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
Just FYI, but generally, seat pan refers to the metal base of the actual seat, that the foam and cover are applied to.
Fender deck is the whole rear metal assembly that the seat bolts to.

If you are shipping a fender deck, fastenal is likely your only choice or freight. Fastenal will be MUCH cheaper than shipping freight.
The engine, well, Ive had them shipped UPS, FedEx and DHL when they were popular. DHL was the cheapest.
These days, Id likely go with Fastenal, as you can attach it to a pallet yourself and make sure it wont get damaged. UPS and Fedex like to drop things.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts