Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,708 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I compile these pdfs from various sources, Brinly, WFM, JD, etc. Most, if not all, are for single moldboard plow. There are more and more plow days now than it was a few years ago - the garden tractor crowd with their suburban or city life who are wanna be farmers love to plow nowadays.

Attachments

·
Administrator
20,969 Posts
Interesting reading

That's incredibly more involved than I gave it credit for. Thanks for posting this T-mo! :hi:

·
Registered
43 Posts
Very Cool!

Thanks for sharing! The one from iowa state college was especially great, love the first paragraph:

Plowing is an art, and good plowing is the pride of every farmer. A good job of plowing is apparent even to the casual observer.

·
Super Moderator
2,708 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That's incredibly more involved than I gave it credit for. Thanks for posting this T-mo! :hi:
Thanks for sharing! The one from iowa state college was especially great, love the first paragraph:
You see guys on plow days dial tuning in their plows. I'm not expert, but I have seen some pretty good furrows and some pretty bad ones. It is an art and even the untrained eye can spot a bad furrow.

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
I've read that the narrower tread width on the SCUTs and CUTs makes it difficult to set up plows on them. I have a 16" 1-bottom Deere plow that I used to use with my 40U and want to use with my 2520. Has anyone tried setting a plow up on one of the Deere CUTs? If the main problem is the plow offset, I may just have to make a spacer to bolt into the plow frame. I enjoy running the plow and don't have a tiller.

·
Super Moderator
2,708 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I've read that the narrower tread width on the SCUTs and CUTs makes it difficult to set up plows on them. I have a 16" 1-bottom Deere plow that I used to use with my 40U and want to use with my 2520. Has anyone tried setting a plow up on one of the Deere CUTs? If the main problem is the plow offset, I may just have to make a spacer to bolt into the plow frame. I enjoy running the plow and don't have a tiller.
I could see that may be a problem if your tread is narrow. Following the instructions given, though, I think you might be able to find a workaround. Set a straight line from inside of your front tire and carry that through past the inside of your rear tire. Then set the point of your plow on that line and then shim to the left if need be, unless there isn't enough adjustment.

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
Then set the point of your plow on that line and then shim to the left if need be, unless there isn't enough adjustment.
I will have to try that this weekend. There is always enough adjustment when you have scrap metal and a welder. :lol:

·
Super Moderator
2,708 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
A couple of pictures I found posted on another site by a couple of their members.

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts