Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,565 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This was posted on our facebook wall but has some great information and I wanted to post it here for all to view.

With ethanol these days, we have to take extra steps to protect our equipment.

·
Registered
489 Posts
good stuff in there and should be applied to any 2 stroke equipment. although theirs was just a bit to clean to have been "used"

·
Registered
554 Posts
good stuff in there and should be applied to any 2 stroke equipment. although theirs was just a bit to clean to have been "used"
Jester, you must not of seen the pic of Brian's saw. I thought it was a new saw, but I was wrong again:laugh::drinks:

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
This was posted on our facebook wall but has some great information and I wanted to post it here for all to view.

With ethanol these days, we have to take extra steps to protect our equipment.
I use high octane fuel and a fuel stabilizer in my gas for all my Stihl and other 2 stroke engines. I believe the Stihl 2 stroke engine oil actually says that it has a fuel stabilizer in it but I still add my own. I have not had a problem with any of them and have used some of them for well over 12 years and some of them have to sit for a while when not in use. I always make sure that they run to empty before putting them up for long periods of time. When I bought the 044 the dealer told me always use high octane gas and always run them dry when you are planning on letting them sit for a long period of time. This is interesting about the ethanol as well. I wish that they would just stop the ethanol business. It is a complete farce in my opinion.

·
Registered
218 Posts
I was lucky enough to find a gas station last year that sells gas without ethanol, but they only have it in 87 octane and 93 octane. I think the stihl info says to run at least 89 octane. Unless someone knows better I will be running the 93 in my equipment. Last year I swithed from regular STABIL to Marine STABIL which is supposed to be an enthanol treatment. I think it is supposed to be better for 2 cycle than the regular stuff. My stuff always starts and I credit that to good equipment and using treated fuel that will stay fresh for extended periods of time. I can go over a year with treated fuel in the tanks and still get my equipment started in a couple of pulls. Its also nice to have gas that doesn't smell soured after sitting over the winter.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts