Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just noticed this weekend that the cylinders on my FEL is out of sync. They both retract and extend as should, but one is slower than the other...any thoughts on how I can correct this? Hasn't given me a big problem yet, but would like to correct if possible.

·
Registered
12,601 Posts
Just noticed this weekend that the cylinders on my FEL is out of sync. They both retract and extend as should, but one is slower than the other...any thoughts on how I can correct this? Hasn't given me a big problem yet, but would like to correct if possible.
lots of threads on here about that very thing. just normal is all. as long as ur timing bar is intact-there is nothing u can do about it.
look at the small round piece of stock that is between ur loader arms-if no cotter pins broke or gone--ur good ot go.

·
Registered
913 Posts
You can line 'em up temporarily for helping connect the bucket, pallet forks and such by extending them. Stop when the left one is where you want it to be. The right one will be ahead of the left one. Then retract - the right one will move back ahead (or aback?) of the the left and you can stop them where they are both in the correct position to slip under the catches on the bucket.

Reactions: bvbearcat and arlen

·
Premium Member
7,898 Posts
What BigJim55 said, check for broken/missing/sheared pins on the timing rod. If it even has a timing rod. Other than that, not really anything to worry about :hi:

Reactions: mjncad

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What BigJim55 said, check for broken/missing/sheared pins on the timing rod. If it even has a timing rod. Other than that, not really anything to worry about :hi:
OK, I have noticed each of you has mentioned this timing bar...I have noticed that on the loader, but never really knew why it was there. What is the purpose of this, as I have another smaller tractor with a loader and it does not have one.

Also, I never noticed a timing bar on the older tractor with a fel...forgive my ignorance.

·
Registered
4,439 Posts
Most older tractors have a pin on bucket, so no need for a timing bar. The purpose of it is to help keep the cylinders somewhat in sync when no implement is attached.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts