Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
967 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Late last fall I bought a 260BH.... I only got to play a little before it needed pickling for the winter. I greased all the exposed cylinder rods in accordance to the JD Owners manual. Kool. Now that it's getting close to Play-Time again, what would be the best way to wake it up? Just wipe off the cylinders with a clean shop rag? Just cycle it though and clean the mess? Just want to do it the right way. If there is one. Thank.

·
Super Moderator
8,202 Posts
Well, in the old days I hear those in the military used a rag wetted with diesel fuel or kerosene to remove cosmoline from equipment. It's both a lubricant and a solvent so it should do the job. I'd make sure I did it outside in open air. Then you can strip naked and burn your clothes before going back into the house..........mouse. :hi:

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
38,123 Posts
Grease as in the paste kind? I spray on Fluid Film (sometimes) and forget about it.

Reactions: Daveb and Ray_PA

·
Registered
967 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, in the old days I hear those in the military used a rag wetted with diesel fuel or kerosene to remove cosmoline from equipment. It's both a lubricant and a solvent so it should do the job. I'd make sure I did it outside in open air. Then you can strip naked and burn your clothes before going back into the house..........mouse. :hi:

X-Rated comments are not approved at GTT!!! LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL.:thumbup1gif::lol::bigthumb::lolol::clapping:

·
Registered
967 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Grease as in the paste kind? I spray on Fluid Film (sometimes) and forget about it.
Yes, the old fashioned paste grease. Used it before I found out about Fluid Film of which I have on hand now. (After the fact).

Reactions: Superglidesport

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
38,123 Posts
Yes, the old fashioned paste grease. Used it before I found out about Fluid Film of which I have on hand now. (After the fact).
Old way (your way) has worked for many years, some do nothing and then have to spend some big $$$

·
Administrator
18,527 Posts
I would just wipe off what I could and go to work, the wiper seals will get the rest.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts