2,707 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Premium Member
12,273 Posts

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
I am still struggling with the $800 tail light. No wonder insurance rates are thru the roof.
Yes. Especially since the tail light didn't even get hit.

·
Registered
4,379 Posts
*Pro Tip: Don't read the comments there. It is just a bunch of people embarrassing themselves.
You made me read the comments. :laugh:

Don't . imagine . this . spiral . spinning.

hypnosisillusion.JPG

·
Premium Member
12,273 Posts
Yes. Especially since the tail light didn't even get hit.
I realized that, but if that is the correct price for a rear tail light... yeeowza !

I thought my $850 Toyota windshield was bad.

·
Registered
11,923 Posts
Seeing the guy hit the quarter panel with a sledge hammer brought tears to my eyes.

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
37,507 Posts
Do not let gizmo see this . It may quicken his pulse :lol:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Doh..... I was too late!
Dingdang no updating POC iphone
I'm still holding my breath. :lol:

·
Premium Member
10,067 Posts
I am still struggling with the $800 tail light. No wonder insurance rates are thru the roof.
The more features and technology that goes into vehicles, the more expensive they are to fix. I think the article said that light had built in backup cameras and a proximity sensor of some sort, in addition to being an LED light.

Besides, parts for brand new vehicles are always higher.

·
Premium Member
1,788 Posts
Go ahead and do that to a steel bodied one.....I dare you. No way a steel body would hold up that well.

I'm impressed at how little damage there actually was from what looked like a good swing with that sledgehammer.

Most likely one of the small clips on the back of the taillight got broken when the panel flexed and bounced back. It didn't look like he impacted it at all.

Given that Ford sells 700,000 new F-150's annually - there should be an ample supply of taillamps on the used/wrecked market soon that won't cost that much.

·
Premium Member
3,964 Posts
I would be interested to see how the repair was completed. I don't know a lot about body work but I'm wondering how much filler they used.

As a side note it will be interesting to see Ford trucks with out rocker rot 7-10 years from now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
GTT's Pilot in Command (PIC)
8,558 Posts
Funny. I was wondering how much "Bondo" went into that repair, as well!

·
Registered
4,622 Posts
Maybe all our questions will be answered, all we have to do is convince Gizmo to try it when he gets his.:good2:

I'd be willing to provide the sledge hammer, because I am here to help!

·
Bonehead Club Lackey
10,266 Posts
Well Gizmo2, I see you took a breath. That must have been a ford hater with the sledge. There is no way I would have done that to any new vehicle. That's just not right. :nunu:

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
I read some of the comments posted with the video. I love it when someone tells you that the product is a pile of junk. They state that they have had years of experience with the ford brand. That they have owned many trucks, SUV, sedans, etc. sporting the Ford logo.

So my question is: If you don't like the product and you consider it junk, then why on earth would you go back year after year and buy the same junk over & over again. How stupid are these people who post all this malicious trash talk against companies. Yeah, you may have a beef with Ford, Deere, your dentist. So why would you go back over & over again?

1 - 20 of 41 Posts