Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in the market for a gravel box but wanted to ask the experts if I should get a 5 or 6 foot wide for the 3025e or what ever your would suggest. Thanks for your responses.

·
Registered
12,521 Posts
My opinion, and it's only that, I would go with a 60".

·
Registered
66 Posts
I have the 5ft box blade and the 3025e handles it just fine. If I had it to over I would probably buy the 6ft.

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
What do you mean by gravel box? If you mean land plane, I have a 60 inch for my 3025E and it could probably handle a 72 inch, if you were to use it strictly on gravel. If you get into loose wet dirt then it will probably not work as well with a 72 inch wide one. If you a leveling a driveway with it then by all means a 72 inch one would work. I went with a 60 inch just to be safe because this was a new tractor and that's what sales guy at the dealer said JD recommended. 60 inches covers the width of the tractor so I am more than fine with it, it just takes a few more passes to do my drive. It is also probably more maneuverable compared to a 72 inch plane. I use mine to help build tractor paths along side and in my wood line so being a little narrow is a good thing.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What do you mean by gravel box? If you mean land plane, I have a 60 inch for my 3025E and it could probably handle a 72 inch, if you were to use it strictly on gravel. If you get into loose wet dirt then it will probably not work as well with a 72 inch wide one. If you a leveling a driveway with it then by all means a 72 inch one would work. I went with a 60 inch just to be safe because this was a new tractor and that's what sales guy at the dealer said JD recommended. 60 inches covers the width of the tractor so I am more than fine with it, it just takes a few more passes to do my drive. It is also probably more maneuverable compared to a 72 inch plane. I use mine to help build tractor paths along side and in my wood line so being a little narrow is a good thing.
69, Looking to primarily use it on the driveways here and at mom's house. Thanks!

·
Registered
3,733 Posts

·
Registered
763 Posts
I have a 7' grader blade I pull with the 3025E. If you need 6', you should be fine.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sorry for the confusion with my description. I meant to inquire about a box blade to use on my gravel driveway. Since then I scored a deal on a used 5 foot box blade from a local implement dealer. I was on my way to buy a new one at a different place and saw this one sitting by the road. Paid 350 for it and am very pleased with how well it works.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts