Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How would you setup your LCUT if you were only allowed to keep one 3pt implement and one attachment for your loader? We all use our tractors for different purposes so I'm curious to hear what would be your most useful and permanent setup. For me (Adam) on my 4052R, it would be our Gannon box blade (1100lbs, good ballast) and Everything Attachments grapple. I do a lot of rough grading, tree removal, and brush cleanup on our property, so 95% of the time that's what I'm rolling with. (Image attached) Curious to hear from everyone and find some unique combinations!

Attachments

·
Administrator
18,782 Posts
For me its the forks and ballast box, this is my "forklift".

·
Registered
4,338 Posts
If I could only have the 2, it would have to be the bucket for the loader and a RFM for the rear. The pallet forks are a close second to the bucket. I would have to sneak them in after dark when no one was looking.

Dave

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Where is the guy with the 3pt stump grinder and front mount snow blower? ? There has to be some unique setups out there!

Reactions: rtgt

·
Registered
3,687 Posts
I would give the tractor to whoever said I had to get rid of the attachments,,

and,,,,
I would TELL THEM to get the work done,,,:flag_of_truce:

·
Premium Member
8,021 Posts
Brush hog and grapple. :greentractorride:

·
Premium Member
10,548 Posts
My most used / favorite implement is the grapple, at least for the current property we own.

I could trade the backhoe for an Excavator and eliminate that implement.

I could trade the FEL bucket for a tracked loader with a 4-in-1 bucket.

I could replace the rear blade and box blade with a road grader.

So I guess a good flail mower would replace the rotary cutter and RMFM and serve as some decent ballast for the FEL/Grapple.

I'm gonna need a bigger barn.....:hide:

My wife is REALLY gonna be mad at you. :laugh:

·
Registered
193 Posts
I would give the tractor to whoever said I had to get rid of the attachments,,

and,,,,
I would TELL THEM to get the work done,,,:flag_of_truce:
We call that getting your PHD. aka Pine handle Degree aka shovel. A shovel doesn't fit in my hands very well, never did. Fits about as well as a grease gun does.....

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
4 & 1 front bucket & box blade.

·
Premium Member
2,315 Posts
On my 3rd one, all bought primarily for snow removal.
So front mount blower and 3 point angle blade.

·
Registered
797 Posts
My box blade is on the rear 99% of the time and I'll have either the grapple or the bucket on the front since it's so easy to change implements.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
For me it would be forklift and rototiller...love growing flowers and a garden.

Interesting combination, I like it! What do you use the forks for?

Reactions: PJR832

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
On my 3rd one, all bought primarily for snow removal.
So front mount blower and 3 point angle blade.

Any experience with 3pt snow blower? I've considered buying one, but hard to justify in Indiana. It seems we rarely get enough snow anymore to use one!

·
Premium Member
1,565 Posts
I’m boring. Bucket, with teeth, and box blade. You can do a lot of things with that combo. If you run out of work, fill the bucket with ice and beer.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I’m boring. Bucket, with teeth, and box blade. You can do a lot of things with that combo. If you run out of work, fill the bucket with ice and beer.
Ok, on that note, I think we can go ahead and shut this thread down. I believe we have a winner! :laugh:

Reactions: PJR832 and Yank

·
Premium Member
14,112 Posts
Same here, sometimes with the tooth bar on sometimes without, bucket and box blade 90% of the time. The beer on ice sounds like a plan though. :bigbeer:

Reactions: Yank

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
I don't have the property for a LCUT, however, if I were purchasing for the farm, I think it would be bucket with grapple forks, and 3 point snowblower.

Reactions: Yank and PJR832
1 - 20 of 20 Posts