Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
762 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
New member, but not new tractor owner. I saw this forum recommended by Tim (Tractor Time with Tim on YouTube). I've been a tractor lover since I was a kid, used to stay summers with an uncle and work on his dairy farm. I'd sit and play on his tractors (a Ford Powermaster 881 diesel, and a Case 530) for hours, and he finally taught me how to use the Powermaster; I found myself cleaning the barnyard with a blade after milking time, and a couple of years later, pulling tobacco sleds from the field to the curing barns. I don't know how I became a John Deere fan, but absolutely no regrets.

My first tractor was a 66 round fender 110 garden tractor, and then a small Yanmar paddy tractor, which introduced me to diesels. I now have four garden tractors; an '84 JD318, an '86 212, an '86 214, and an '02 GT235. I just traded an '08 X748SE which I had for 11 years, and now have an '09 JD2520 compact. Hoping to learn a little, and be a contributor.

I have about 7-1/2 acres, part of which is a rental property next door. I take care of three lawns, mine, the rental, and my Mom's; I have a large garden area, and my wife has a horse; we have a decent sized pasture. I look for any opportunity to put my machines to use. The 318 is a secondary mower, the 212 is a cart puller, the 214 is in pieces ready for restoration; the GT235 is used to take care of my Mom's yard. I retired back in August this year, so now have more time to play with my tractors. My wife just rolls her eyes, but she does like the garden stuff. We have been married for 28 years, and have two grown daughters.

·
Administrator
20,845 Posts
Mr Hodges,
:wgtt:

When do we get to see your tractors?

·
Premium Member
14,870 Posts
Welcome from Preston County, West Virginia

Reactions: Herminator

·
Registered
4,468 Posts

Welcome from New York.

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
37,759 Posts

·
Registered
558 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,612 Posts

·
Registered
4,481 Posts
Welcome from New York. Nice intro!

·
Administrator
20,845 Posts
The software will either tell you it’s too big or crop your pics for you. Give it a go, you’ll probably be just fine. :good2:

·
Registered
3,403 Posts
Welcome from central Ohio :wgtt:

·
Super Moderator
5,573 Posts
:gtfam:

·
Registered
762 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I got pics in my gallery now, for those who want to see my "herd".

1 - 15 of 15 Posts