Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought the 3039R in my profile pic and am hoping to learn a few things without having to learn the hard way.

1. Is an SB1174 (Frontier 74" snowblower) too large for this tractor (keeping in mind snow is usually pretty lightweight in ND, just lots of it)

2. I ordered a titan 60" grapple (just over 600 lbs) that i intend to use for cleaning up fallen trees and branches, wondering if and how much ballast I might need...and is a ballast box better than wheel weights

3. Is there a better way than using the rear scv and JD part BW16138 to get hydraulucs to my grapple

4. Figure out if the emissions equipment needs deleting or not (1875 current hours)

·
Administrator
20,304 Posts
:wgtt:

I hate to say this, but you’d be much better off asking these questions in new threads in the implements and attachments forum. You’ll get a lot more views and responses that way. :good2:

·
Registered
12,300 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You bet! Sorry I wasnt expecting full answers in here...I just need to spend some time searching existing threads and thought somebody might see it fit to direct me to some threads. I'm new here but know how it is when people post new questions for thing already answered. Cheers

·
Premium Member
7,638 Posts
Just bought the 3039R in my profile pic and am hoping to learn a few things without having to learn the hard way.

1. Is an SB1174 (Frontier 74" snowblower) too large for this tractor (keeping in mind snow is usually pretty lightweight in ND, just lots of it)

2. I ordered a titan 60" grapple (just over 600 lbs) that i intend to use for cleaning up fallen trees and branches, wondering if and how much ballast I might need...and is a ballast box better than wheel weights

3. Is there a better way than using the rear scv and JD part BW16138 to get hydraulucs to my grapple

4. Figure out if the emissions equipment needs deleting or not (1875 current hours)
Ballast: The loader and tractor manual will have this information. I will list the combinations of fluid, wheel weights and rear ballast needed.
IMO, fluid and wheel weights are best for traction and stability, 3 point ballast is most effective at offsetting the FEL load.
I have filled tires and use 3 point ballast on mine. I am saving my pennies for wheel weights.

BW16138 is the JD kit to get the third function up front. Talk to KennyD. He has a similar solution which I am using.
Here is the link to the thread I started. https://www.greentractortalk.com/forums/kens-bolt-grab-hooks/131882-kennyds-3rd-function-kit.html

Emissions: I haven't had any problem with the OEM stuff on mine. Personally I wouldn't fiddle with it.

Congrats on the new tractor. Almost two years with mine and I am loving it. :kidw_truck_smiley:

·
Premium Member
7,638 Posts
You bet! Sorry I wasnt expecting full answers in here...I just need to spend some time searching existing threads and thought somebody might see it fit to direct me to some threads. I'm new here but know how it is when people post new questions for thing already answered. Cheers
Oh, and :wgtt:

·
Administrator
20,304 Posts
No worries. Just wanted to make sure you found what you’re looking for. I’d hate to see a new member disappointed because their specific question didn’t get the views and responses it deserves. :hi:

Don’t worry, Juno right in and post away. You’re amongst friends here. :drinks:

And I forgot, congrats on the the new :greentractorride: :bigthumb:

·
Registered
2,455 Posts
Welcome from central Ohio :wgtt:

·
Registered
4,240 Posts

Welcome from New York.

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
35,760 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,463 Posts
:gtfam:

·
Administrator
17,135 Posts

That seems like the correct size to me.

Wow, that's heavy for a compact tractor. You will need maximum ballast, read the loaders manual for details. Wheel weights are not a substitute for rear ballast.

IMO, that is the best way. Keeps everything "factory" looking.

You'd be on your own on that, there are no kits on the market that I know off. The hard part would be fooling the ECU.
Welcome to GTT.

·
Registered
4,009 Posts
Welcome from New York!

·
Registered
553 Posts

·
Bonehead Club Lackey
10,189 Posts

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Welcome, what part of ND are you in? Capital city area here...

Really?
No Bison fans here?
Don't any of you watch FCS football?
Yep, tried and true Bison fan here!

Attachments

1 - 20 of 26 Posts