Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings all. I am the proud owner of a new 2021 3025e with a 370B backhoe sporting a 16" bucket with a mechanical thumb, or will be once the backhoe gets to the dealer and it is all assembled. I reside in Vancouver WA, but I doubt the tractor will ever see my home in suburbia. I have been lurking for several months and the conversations here have helped me decide upon this purchase.

In late 2019 my brother and I bought our dream hunting property in Eastern Oregon, 175 acres of mostly wooded forest ranging from 5,200 - 5,600 foot of elevation. We spent last open season (it is covered in 5' of snow Dec - Mar) getting to know the land better, set up our camp, and planning out our future projects. The property has roughly 2.5 miles of roads we want to improve / maintain, ditches that need to be dug to keep the roads dry, and old slash piles that need to be torn apart and rebuilt, etc. Lots of general work to be done, but most of the property will remain untouched forest.

Future interests that we are already looking at are a AV20F grapple and an affordable box blade. Our current plan is to have it winter on the property in our 40' storage container, so I would love to hear suggestions you all have about storing one for four months in below freezing temperatures (tires are filled with non freezing bio ballast).

Anyway, glad to be here!

Chuck

·
Premium Member
2,208 Posts
Welcome to GTT from East of Salem. I’m not sure I would leave it over there, but that’s just me. I’d be concerned about vandals breaking into the storage container or eventually shooting holes in it. As for the cold weather storage, probably just taking the battery home with you is all you’d need to do. I’m not sure how Far East you’re talking, Ukiah, Wallowa’s or not that far, but it can get pretty cold over there so make sure the coolant is rated for well below those temps too.

Good luck, it sounds like a dream has come true.

·
Premium Member
348 Posts
Welcome from NE Pennsylvania.

·
Premium Member
1,239 Posts
Welcome from NW SD.

rob

·
Premium Member
Tator