Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

Premium Member
2015 5045e
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Wil from Central Texas here (Hill Country).

Just bought my first real tractor, it's a 2015 5045e.

To be honest I've got no idea what I'm doing over here but I hope it turns into something fun and productive! My use case is I've got about 6 acres and just cleared cedar off of about 4 of those acres, things are a mess out there right now. Lots of loose rock and cactus on the surface, large rocks right under the surface, lots of mulched up cedar all over, field grass knee high everywhere. My hope is that I can turn my land into something that looks real nice and we can enjoy it.

Thanks for having me, and I hope I can learn some good stuff from y'all.

Senior GTT Super Slacker
Welcome to GTT.
2045E or is it a 5045E?

Registered
Welcome from southern KY!

Premium Member
Welcome from North Texas! Good luck in your new endeavors. Guessing some chiggers in that knee high grass! I was going to ask same question.
Welcome to GTT.
2045E or is it a 5045E?

Premium Member
Early 2017 Vintage 1025R TLB (260/H120)
Welcome from SE PA! There's ton's of great information around here, but be warned, we're good at SPOM (Spending Other People's Money) and if you're looking for solutions to problems you didn't know you had - we've got them! :)

Pics are highly encouraged!

Premium Member
2015 5045e
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Welcome to GTT.
2045E or is it a 5045E?
Sorry it's a 5045e, I've edited the post. Guess I'm just real excited!

Welcome from southern KY!
Howdy there, thanks!

Welcome from North Texas! Good luck in your new endeavors. Guessing some chiggers in that knee high grass! I was going to ask same question.
We've got those chiggers, I'm worried less about those than the rattlesnakes right about now though. They sure do love to hide in that tall grass.

Welcome from SE PA! There's ton's of great information around here, but be warned, we're good at SPOM (Spending Other People's Money) and if you're looking for solutions to problems you didn't know you had - we've got them! :)

Pics are highly encouraged!
Thank you, good sir. I'll get some pics going here soon, I need to get it here first. We're exchanging paperwork at the point, hope to have it here today or early next week.

I'm going to be looking to spend some more money here soon on attachments and such. So far I've got the loader and bucket, a box blade, some forks, and a rock bucket with some grapplers. Think that aught to keep me busy for a little bit here.

Registered
Welcome to GTT from Eastern Kentucky.

Registered
welcome from NE Illinois

Premium Member
Early 2017 Vintage 1025R TLB (260/H120)
Sorry it's a 5045e, I've edited the post. Guess I'm just real excited!

[redacted for relevance to response]

I'm going to be looking to spend some more money here soon on attachments and such. So far I've got the loader and bucket, a box blade, some forks, and a rock bucket with some grapplers. Think that aught to keep me busy for a little bit here.
Being excited is great, most of us are excited to get on our tractors every time, I really look forward to cutting the grass in the spring, high heat and humidity during the summer, ehhh, that's debatable. 馃槃

Sounds like you're off to a great start! I'd check out the thread on ballast if you're new to tractors, it's pretty important and really helps with both safety and overall understanding of how these things do what they do! Tractor Time With Tim on Youtube is also a great resource for learning. If you're looking for some really handy "I should have thought of that", make your tractor'ing easier, check out Ken's Bolt On Hooks. (Boltonhooks.com). See - SPOM!

Can't wait to see the pics!

Premium Member
2015 5045e
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Welcome to GTT from Eastern Kentucky.
Thank you, Xesike

welcome from NE Illinois
Howdy there!

Being excited is great, most of us are excited to get on our tractors every time, I really look forward to cutting the grass in the spring, high heat and humidity during the summer, ehhh, that's debatable. 馃槃

Sounds like you're off to a great start! I'd check out the thread on ballast if you're new to tractors, it's pretty important and really helps with both safety and overall understanding of how these things do what they do! Tractor Time With Tim on Youtube is also a great resource for learning. If you're looking for some really handy "I should have thought of that", make your tractor'ing easier, check out Ken's Bolt On Hooks. (Boltonhooks.com). See - SPOM!

Can't wait to see the pics!
I know that heat very well! We do this thing where it's 100 degrees for 100 days straight, and humidity is usually around 100 too. Good beer drinkin' weather right there. Right now it's yard work season and everything's growing crazy. For mowing I've got an x540 54" deck that I handle a couple acres with. I had considered getting a compact with a 72" deck but I'd rather have the utility and ability to move these big ol' rocks around.

I plan to have the box blade on the rear most of the time for some ballast, also the tires are filled with water and anti-freeze. Some of these rocks are over 3,000lbs though so I might need some more. Anything that heavy I'll probably be dragging though.

I've been watching Tim, and that Good Works guy too. Have a tab opened for those hooks too! I'm not buying anything quite yet though, I just spent a lot (to me anyway).

Registered
Welcome from Wisconsin. Your gonna be having soo much fun working on your property, your not gonna know what to do with yourself. 馃榿 Enjoy!

Reactions: Uncle Wayne

Premium Member
Tator
Welcome to GTT

Nice tractor for your first. (y)

Registered
Welcome from mid Michigan

Registered
Welcome from New York.

Registered
Welcome from NC!

Premium Member
Welcome from north Alabama

Registered
Welcome from East Texas.... lifelong Texan that lived all over Texas at one point or another. Whereabouts in the hill country are you?

1 - 20 of 40 Posts