Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 230 Posts

·
Registered
22,632 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Welcome to April!

April showers bring May flowers? Or April snow brings.......??

March has been unseasonably warm here in the east but spring snow storms are still raging in some western states. The first week of April promises to have below normal temperatures around here which is typical of early spring.

April's full moon will be on the 22nd and called the Full Pink Moon which heralds the appearance of the moss pink, or wild ground phlox.

·
Corndog Hater
11,685 Posts
Where did March go?:unknown: We are awaiting the arrival of a squall line tonight that will "reset" us from our warm temps. Its still 60F here and we have the sliding glass door open, listening to the peepers. Big cool down for the weekend. The cooler temps will be somewhat welcomed by me as I can rack my homemade wine and expose it to the cold temps to help the acid precipitate out of it. I have been putting it off long enough.

·
Registered
12,280 Posts
ah-coaltrain-when I seen the lock on ur thread-I just laughed and laughed:lolol:ur nearly 3hrs early till the new month rolls around. don't take it serious about poking fun -ok!

colony park-today was very nice here too. love to hear the frogs awaking in the spring at night.

·
Registered
3,687 Posts
Well,, our March weather looked like April weather
Our April weather looks like it will be "April" weather,,,,

We have not had "Spring" for a couple years,,, winter usually jumps right into summer,,, :dunno:
it looks like we will have a L O N G spring this year!! :yahoo:

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
37,388 Posts
Currently 61° here.....then snow.:banghead:

Today
Rain and thunderstorms likely before 2pm, then showers likely, mainly between 2pm and 4pm. Cloudy, with a high near 67. Southwest wind 13 to 17 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70%. New rainfall amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch, except higher amounts possible in thunderstorms.

Tonight
A chance of sprinkles before 8pm, then a chance of sprinkles after 4am. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 43. West wind 6 to 11 mph.

Saturday
A chance of showers or sprinkles before 7am, then a chance of showers after 7am. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 53. Light southwest wind increasing to 5 to 10 mph in the morning. Chance of precipitation is 50%. New precipitation amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible.

Saturday Night
A chance of rain showers before 11pm, then snow showers. Low around 26. Northwest wind 6 to 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New snow accumulation of around an inch possible.

Sunday
A chance of snow showers. Partly sunny, with a high near 31. Blustery, with a northwest wind 21 to 25 mph, with gusts as high as 46 mph. Chance of precipitation is 30%.

·
Corndog Hater
11,685 Posts
55° and looks like the rain just cleared out. The squall line never really materialized. I just watched the weather, they are calling for around 6" by the end of Sunday. They still have time to see it my way.…

·
Registered
22,632 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ah-coaltrain-when I seen the lock on ur thread-I just laughed and laughed:lolol:ur nearly 3hrs early till the new month rolls around. don't take it serious about poking fun -ok!
Knowing the way I do things, I will either do it a couple hours early or a couple days late.

---------------------------------

Very warm overnight again - low was 54° and holding. Loving the Peepers here also.

Same as ColonyPark - big cool down coming over the weekend - high on Sunday is forecast for 34° with snow showers on Sunday and Monday.

jpgwebcam.jpg

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Rained all day yesterday with a high of 43*. Melted a whole lot of snow! Supposed to be near 60* today!:yahoo: Come on spring!!!!!

·
Registered
22,632 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

The wind blows so much that icicles form in a curve. :laugh:

They were bent more noticeably on the mailbox, but I didn't think about taking a picture until I was home.
That's just amazing!

·
Old Pa-pa
11,727 Posts
65*, .56" of rain so far, more "stuff" coming in off the gulf, hopefully over with tonight so I can start spraying
dang RoundUp tomorrow.
Weeds I weed whacked to bare ground 2 weeks ago are coming back up again, yippeeeeee spring. :banghead:

·
Registered
4,420 Posts
Another month wow. After all day rain yesterday, not bad today mostly sunny and 49 now. Rain and snow showers tomorrow :banghead:

·
Registered
583 Posts
Currently 61° here.....then snow.:banghead:

Today
Rain and thunderstorms likely before 2pm, then showers likely, mainly between 2pm and 4pm. Cloudy, with a high near 67. Southwest wind 13 to 17 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70%. New rainfall amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch, except higher amounts possible in thunderstorms.

Tonight
A chance of sprinkles before 8pm, then a chance of sprinkles after 4am. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 43. West wind 6 to 11 mph.

Saturday
A chance of showers or sprinkles before 7am, then a chance of showers after 7am. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 53. Light southwest wind increasing to 5 to 10 mph in the morning. Chance of precipitation is 50%. New precipitation amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible.

Saturday Night
A chance of rain showers before 11pm, then snow showers. Low around 26. Northwest wind 6 to 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New snow accumulation of around an inch possible.

Sunday
A chance of snow showers. Partly sunny, with a high near 31. Blustery, with a northwest wind 21 to 25 mph, with gusts as high as 46 mph. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
Are you sure you didn't watch the Indiana weather channel?:dunno:

·
Chief Stick-picker-upper
11,247 Posts
52° with 0 chance of rain. High temp is headed to 69°. :good2:

·
Registered
22,632 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Pleasant night overnight with a low of 40° - up to 44° now. Weather in for a big change over the next couple days however as 2 cold fronts are coming. High tomorrow forecast for 36°.

Then some snow on Sunday night - they upped the forecast to 3"-5" now. Sure......hasn't snowed all winter and now.....

jpgwebcam.jpg

·
Registered
4,420 Posts
Well here we go again. Winter weather advisory starting at 2pm today. 1-3" possible. Tomorrow another storm ,heard possible 3-5 by time tomorrow's is done. As wet as it is and going to be, we won't be able to get into the fields until August.:mad:

1 - 20 of 230 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.