Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 149 Posts

·
Registered
21,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Welcome to the April 2019 weather thread!

April's full moon is on the 19th and is called the Full Pink Moon, heralding the appearance of the “moss pink,” or wild ground phlox—one of the first spring flowers.

Other names include Sprouting Grass Moon, the Egg Moon, and the Fish Moon.

·
Old Pa-pa
11,345 Posts
Hoping the drying trend continues, rainfall has been reasonable this year!!

Only 8.60" year to date and only 1.87" in March, water table finally dropping some.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
Happy April Everyone!

32 this morning with 15mph winds. Clear and sunny today with a guess at a high of 48.

Glad I kept the stoker going through the last few warm days. Looks like tomorrow is about the same then we gain a few degrees toward the end of the week with highs creeping into the 60's.

·
Registered
21,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Clear overnight with a low of 24* this morning. Calling for a high of 43* today with some sun and breeze.

I’ll have to gather my last months rain data but I know it was below the average - first time in many months for that. I also hope the drying trend continues. I really need some major driveway repair but won’t order stone for a couple months yet. Needs to be dry dry dry so I don’t loose it.

77E9D1F3-B174-48CE-8FDB-A7633DFBACD6.png

·
Corndog Hater
11,112 Posts
Yesterday was cold, raw and spit snow all day. The snow picked up overnight and gave us a heavy dusty, enough to cover everything.....the lake effect came back! Temp is sitting at 21° right now, the low. A high of 38° today and only up from there and it looks to be dry for most of the week.:thumbup1gif:

·
Registered
3,949 Posts
ColonyPark that’s what our Saturday afternoon looked like.

April already, wow time flies, with this weather it don’t seam like it. Frosty 18 this morning. Most of the snow melted by yesterday afternoon. Sunny and 25 now high of 45 today. We had just under 3” of rain in March. Starts drying up and then we get snow and rain. Ground seams to be soaking some up now as the lanes, driveway and pastureland aren’t staying as muddy sinking mess as it was last week. Looks like we will hit the 50’s this week but some chilly days still.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,231 Posts
Compost Manure Day for Me!

Get to play in the Barn Pasture and stack up Manure Compost today. Got a guy who wants to buy it for $25.00 a pick up load. I have many Dump Truck Loads I have built up over the last 10 plus years. Just need to stack and turn it some so it is real easy to load. He wants a garden and better yard for his dogs to stay in. I can solve that problem with the best compost in the valley and have fun at the same time making more tractor stuff money!!!

·
Premium Member
3,231 Posts
Knock on wood for us it is so nice outside to do things! I did go out and make hills in several places and took pictures of the cows walking among them. They played King of the Hill for a while till I made it higher and they got bored. Did not get a picture of the big one but it is nice not worrying about rocks! The cows are funny to be around. The little bull calves like to take on the tractor when I am building the stack.
100_3292.JPG 100_3296.JPG 100_3299.JPG 100_3300.JPG 100_3303.JPG 100_3306.JPG 100_3307.JPG 100_3308.JPG 100_3310.JPG Fun work to do with a Box Blade and Loader topped off with a 4044M John Deere Tractor!! This is the life for me so glad I get to do the fun part of raising cattle and the place to do it on.

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
It’s currently 32* with light snow . High in the low 40s today.

Weather been pretty close to normal lately. Freezing temps at night warming up to near 50* during the afternoon. Forecasted to near 60* for the weekend.

·
Registered
21,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
20* this morning and clear again - calling for a high of 51* today - carbon copy of yesterday.

My March stats -

Max temp - 64.8
Min temp - 2.0
Ave temp - 34.3
Departure from normal - -1.9
Heating degree days - 917.9

Rain total - 1.51
Ave for March - 2.68
Year total - 6.40
Ave year total - 6.81

E51A31AE-D5CA-4DE8-9143-DDEFB50AFC2B.png

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
28 and frosty this morning. Sunny skies, might have a passing shower today with a high temp of 50. Looks like a 60 / 40 day / night temp split coming up for the next 10 days.

·
Registered
3,949 Posts
Cloudy 39 now. High of 53 today, chances of shower tonight

Attachments

·
Registered
21,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
The time of year for us to have fire conditions until the trees leaf out. Getting closer to fishing season - people come to their camps and the first thing they do is start an outside fire for some reason....

The threat here is only ground fires but can quickly get out of control due to the remoteness and limited access.

27FC5A7C-3719-4111-B180-2C452733D1E4.png

·
Old Pa-pa
11,345 Posts
73* high, low 41*, fixing to have rain coming in Thursday with next system.

Hoping it blows thru without much rain like the last couple, ground really doing great now. :yahoo:

·
Registered
21,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
24* this morning - calling for a high of 54* today. Dry and windy weather - red flag warning up for this afternoon.

Ground forest fires are a threat around here throughout the month. A few years back it was a daily occurrence from sparks from the trains coming through.

EB01F5BB-212B-4C40-A275-2716FE64F8DC.png

·
Registered
3,949 Posts
Mostly clear here and 36 when I got up. Windy and high of 48 today. Not much for rain last night so should be a good day for some more drying here also.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 149 Posts