Green Tractor Talk banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 161 Posts

·
Registered
22,728 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is the start of a weather thread. I thought one for each month would work nicely so the thread doesn't get too long and make it easy to look back at previous months. Nothing real special or dramatic - just like to see how the weather is at our different member's homes - and pics are great! It's also fun to compare the far southern regions to ours more up north in the winter - love to see those folks from the deep south wince when they see all the snow pics.

I'll start by posting a pic from my weather cam. This image is live - it updates itself every 10 minutes but is inactive at night of course:

Today is hanging at 32F and just got done snowing - got about 1" overnight. Of course our rural PennDot guys couldn't keep up with it (yes, I used to word there) - roads are still covered here. Forecast for next week is kind of warm for us:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As a bonus I found this morning - here is a code for a free year membership to Weather Underground:

Join the wunderground community and become a member! | Weather Underground

Use code QWV35 - when signing up choose the Premium Member box for $10 - then when checking out enter the code to get one year of ad-free membership.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So how's the weather at your place?

·
GTT's Pilot in Command (PIC)
8,558 Posts
Made it to 63* today. Has been overcast most of the day. (Had a little sun this morning.) Even misted for a few minutes. But my pastures are ready, and a little green winter grasses are already making their possibilities known.

Attachments

·
Read Only
1,932 Posts
Mixed is the best way to describe it right now. About 32 out now, but they are talking almost 50 by Sunday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
22,728 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just looked outside and it snowing pretty well - radar shows a good band right over us. There is finally enough snow out there to plow tomorrow - supposed to end up with 3"-5". I actually hate the first couple times plowing as the driveway (gravel) is still soft - have to have a tender touch on the bucket curl.

I'll be watching 56FordGuy's post being in Tenn. I often think of where the best place to live would be weather wise. Eastern Tenn has the mountains I love and a bit milder winters.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Cool, but warmer than it was just a few weeks ago. Today it hovered around 40* with a low of 25, and temps are supposed to begin climbing. 51 on Saturday and maybe even 54 on Monday.
What he ⏫ said. Our December appears it's going to be warmer than November where we reached the low teens a few nights with some snow. At least I hope it's warmer. So far so good.

·
Registered
22,728 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Made it to 63* today. Has been overcast most of the day. (Had a little sun this morning.) Even misted for a few minutes. But my pastures are ready, and a little green winter grasses are already making their possibilities known.
Thanks for sharing the pics! I understand more about when you were talking about all the mowing you were doing in the CUT thread. Lots of nice wide open space but it does look dry?

·
Registered
709 Posts
All I know is I wore a short sleeved shirt all day and was very comfortable. The only white stuff here is if we forget to dust the house. :mocking:

·
8,558 Posts
All I know is I wore a short sleeved shirt all day and was very comfortable. The only white stuff here is if we forget to dust the house. :mocking:
I don't forget. I just don't always do it!

Turned out to be a nice day, temp-wise.

Coaltrain; Yes, things are VERY DRY in this part of the State. Had some good rains the end of June that flooded almost everything around, so it filled my stock tank. But no rain to run off since, and it is down significantly. Hope to get rain soon, because I restocked that tank with minnows and catfish in July!

·
Registered
3,554 Posts
In the 25-low 30's and about 1.5 inches of lazy snow on everything but the driveways and roads. This will be the last snow that doesn't stick on pavement, the ground is "catching up".

Here's some Karma for you: The guy at the corner spent a bazillion $'s on new solar panels all over his house and garage roofs. It was finished about 2 weeks ago. We've had probably 3 days of any kind of partial sunlight since the sign on the street ("LOOK UP") was planted to point it out. I think he'd better do a "Sun Dance" the rest of this winter!:laugh:

·
Corndog Hater
11,688 Posts
In the 25-low 30's and about 1.5 inches of lazy snow on everything but the driveways and roads. This will be the last snow that doesn't stick on pavement, the ground is "catching up".

Here's some Karma for you: The guy at the corner spent a bazillion $'s on new solar panels all over his house and garage roofs. It was finished about 2 weeks ago. We've had probably 3 days of any kind of partial sunlight since the sign on the street ("LOOK UP") was planted to point it out. I think he'd better do a "Sun Dance" the rest of this winter!:laugh:
I have heard that you can reap benefits of solar even without total sunshine. Just here say though.

We have been under a winter storm warning all day, which just got downgraded to a winter weather advisory. Temps around 30. We went from bare ground last night to about a foot of snow on the ground today. Temps will rise the next few days up into 40s, so the white stuff won't be long lived

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,788 Posts
Mid-80's for highs and 60's for lows and sunny every day here in the Western Sonoran desert of Mexico.....the weather does not suck.

Back home - mostly chitty with scattered partly chitty.:laugh:

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
37,468 Posts
  • Today A slight chance of snow showers after 9am. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 29. Northwest wind 5 to 9 mph. Chance of precipitation is 20%.
  • Tonight A slight chance of snow showers before 1am. Cloudy, then gradually becoming partly cloudy, with a low around 22. Northwest wind around 8 mph. Chance of precipitation is 20%.

·
Registered
291 Posts
we went from -42 with the windchill last week to +7 yesterday Celsius of course.

·
8,558 Posts
we went from -42 with the windchill last week to +7 yesterday Celsius of course.
Yes, but -40C is -40F. That +7 is ~44*F. Big swings like that make it hard for the body to adjust. Stay warm, when you can!

·
Registered
22,728 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Snow stopped overnight - that one band was over us for a few hours. About 4" on the ground but I can see parts of my driveway bleeding through the snow already - ugghh. It's enough that I have to push it off but going to be a mess with the driveway underneath warm and wet. Supposed to be above freezing during the day for the next few days - guess most of it will melt off anyway.

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Got a foot of snow Wednesday........then it turned to sleet and freezing rain. Then it rained all day yesterday. Certainly was not easy to snow blow the driveway. The temps have been in the 30's. The weather man said last night that we're up to 44" so far..........breaking all kinds of records.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Weather at Halifax, NS

Rain, Rain, and more rain...oh, and some fog too...
this is the Dartmouth Harbour Cam looking south to Halifax..it's about 1/2 mile to the other side of the harbour.

waterfront_20141212-135252_KKEBgBZHUAnMXxkR.jpg

8C heading to 9C this afternoon

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
37,468 Posts
  • Today Mostly cloudy, with a high near 33. Northwest wind 8 to 11 mph.
  • Tonight Mostly cloudy, with a low around 25. Northwest wind 7 to 9 mph.

1 - 20 of 161 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.