Green Tractor Talk banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 185 Posts

·
Old Pa-pa
11,319 Posts
Welcome to the December 2018 weather thread!

I'll skip the moon stuff for now - it's becoming repetitive over the years....
Not repetitive to weather nerds like me.

Ending November with 14.88" of rain, November 2017 was out driest month with only .23". :banghead:

·
Registered
12,239 Posts
We're ending November, while not breaking any records it was colder than average and almost twice the precipitation than normal.

·
Registered
21,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I’ll have to harvest my November stats for tomorrow. Being my weather station is connected to my PC which is turned off overnight it has to have time to crunch the numbers....I like to compare my rain stats like OC plus also interested in my heating degree days compared to previous Novembers.

34* this morning and foggy - felt quite warm out in the porch with Jake this morning. Calling for a high of 38* today with a steady rain supposed to start mid afternoon and continuing overnight.

D3B840AB-C425-40F8-9A56-ECA5F7A24119.png

·
Registered
3,914 Posts
Warm, nothing but rain headed our way.

Attachments

·
Old Pa-pa
11,319 Posts
Yup, that's part of the same mess that blew by us last night, picked up .41" of rain, but temps didn't drop
and humidity still up there. 81* and 79% humidity.

Rain total so far this year = 84.57"
Rain total all of last year = 88.58"

Our average rain total should be around 60" to 65".

Really been down the dumper the last 2 years.

Attachments

·
Registered
21,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
My rainfall stats from November -

November total - 3.21
Rain Days - 19
Average November - 2.67
Year to Date - 49.24
Average YTD - 35.55
YTD Over Average - +13.69

—————————————

44* this morning - damp, dreary, and foggy. Calling for a high of 53* today with a slight chance of rain. These temperature and barometric pressure swings are killing me.....

F13BF606-C9C9-4A6F-AA96-762B89E3897A.png

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
Rain this morning, 47 high today of 57. Supposed to stop raining sometime this afternoon.

Once the rain stops today we are in for a dry week with normal temps.....mid 40's during the day and low 30's at night.

Picked up a ton of coal yesterday to stock up for the season. With what i had left over from last year i should only need to get one more ton to get us through this year. An hour of shoveling to get it from the trailer to the bunker in the pole barn.

20181201_095553.jpg

·
Registered
3,914 Posts
Foggy warm. High 50 today with some sprinkles around. Temps drop this week

Attachments

·
Corndog Hater
11,106 Posts
3.42” of rain for November here. We picked up 0.59” of rain yesterday and only 0.02” today so far. The warmer temps and the breeze have knocked the snot out of the 20” of snow from Wednesday. We’re back to green grass here and some of the muddiest conditions I can remember.

It’s overcast and 45°, saying we’ll reach 50° before cooling back down.

An interesting stat I heard on the Buffalo weather yesterday: At the Buffalo Airport weather station, in the month of November, zero days were classified as clear, one day was classified as partly clear, every single other day was classified as overcast. No wonder I don’t remember what the sun looks like.

The week ahead:

·
Registered
21,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
^^^ those sunless days....

I use this site to kind of dream - tells you how many sunny days per month in different areas and a lot of other neat statistics.

Average Annual Sunshine by USA State - Current Results

The new weather station I am kind of looking at has a UV sensor (which I could add to my station) but not sure I want to see those statistics every day.

·
Registered
21,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
39* this morning - weird to see no fog. Calling for a high of 43* early today then the temp drops. Looking ahead it looks like it will stay below feeezing with pretty calm weather - at least the mud should firm up....

5C8B9832-D4F2-4516-BD8E-729CC2253EF6.png

·
Registered
3,914 Posts
We had some thunder and hail yesterday. Got up to 52 which felt real warm. Turned cold overnight and dusting of snow. 31 now high of 33 today and flurries. Not above freezing for the rest of the week.

Attachments

·
Corndog Hater
11,106 Posts
36° now with a high of only a few degrees more, then the temps will fall and we could see a bit of snow. Our high temp was 54° yesterday but we saw 62° on the truck thermometer when we ran an errand down to Warren. We did even see some sun, but it wasn't an all day thing, still lots of clouds in the sky.

CT, that website you linked was interesting. My parents are in SC right now and my mom mentioned last week how they had 3 overcast days in a row, and she was starting to feel down because it seemed like so long since they'd seen the sun. 3 days, I told her not to ask me how long it had been overcast here.

·
Corndog Hater
11,106 Posts
We had some thunder and hail yesterday. Got up to 52 which felt real warm. Turned cold overnight and dusting of snow. 31 now high of 33 today and flurries. Not above freezing for the rest of the week.
We had a bit of thunder last night in the early evening too. I was out in the garage and the wind picked up all of a sudden and the rain started pouring and then a bit of thunder. It was almost eerie feeling.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Rough start to December here.

Saturday was 33[SUP]o[/SUP] and windy, warmed all day and began raining overnight in to Sunday morning.

Sunday morning 35[SUP]o[/SUP] and rain, cooling all day turned to freezing rain and then over to snow around 1600.

27[SUP]o[/SUP] still snowing and blowing at 0600 this morning which has tapered off now.

Ended up with a mud, ice, snow, ice layer cake out there around 4" deep. Just stay cold and snow already!

·
Registered
2,387 Posts
It’s currently 30* and cloudy. We got about 4” of wet snow Saturday night. Looks like we’re in for some colder temps later in the week. Forecasted high for Friday is 15*, but it’s supposed to be sunny.

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
39 this morning headed to 45 for a high today.

Clear, no rain looks like we'll get some sunshine today.

I must be getting climatized....it doesn't feel cold enough to be 39.

·
Registered
3,914 Posts
Suppose to see the sun today. 24 now and high of 30. Hopefully below freezing temps to freeze this mud up. Not seeing any precipitation for next several days.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 185 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.