Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 386 Posts

·
Registered
22,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Welcome to February!

El Nino seems to be in force so far this winter - some places getting snow that usually don't - and some aren't getting any that usually do.

The full moon in February is on the 22nd and called the Full Snow Moon since the heaviest snow usually falls in February. It has also been know by some Native American tribes as the Hunger Moon because of the difficulty hunting with all the snow.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Looks like it's already around 37 degrees. Sun isn't up yet, but we'll see how the day shapes up. Looking like it might be a cloudy day. I'll take it though if the temps stay mild :thumbup1gif: Have a great day everyone. :thumbup1gif:

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
37,486 Posts
Today
Scattered showers, mainly before 10am. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 47. Northwest wind 6 to 9 mph. Chance of precipitation is 40%. New precipitation amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible.

Tonight
Partly cloudy, with a low around 28. Northwest wind 5 to 8 mph.

Tuesday
Mostly sunny, with a high near 43. Calm wind becoming southeast around 6 mph in the afternoon.

Tuesday Night
A chance of rain, freezing rain, and sleet between 10pm and 4am, then rain. Low around 31. Southeast wind 3 to 8 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. Little or no ice accumulation expected. Little or no sleet accumulation expected.

Wednesday
Rain. High near 53. Southeast wind 5 to 9 mph becoming southwest in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation is 80%.

·
Registered
503 Posts
Good morning, 37F here in Southern Ontario, heading to 41. Suppose to hit 50F by Wednesday.:dunno:

·
Registered
4,254 Posts
It was 66°F here yesterday. Today, it's suppose to get to 55°F and partly cloudy. Rain moves in for tomorrow.

·
Premium Member
5,074 Posts
At 5am I'm lookin' at 36* with light fog. :rain:'d a little Sunday, ~0.40" and today's forecast says 'a passing shower or two' with a 56% of the wet stuff. Had to check the 7 day from the local TV stations and it looks like Tuesday through Thursday the :rain: will return.

It's hungry out, time for breakfast. . . . :eat:

Great day everyone . . . . :cowboy:

·
Registered
22,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The strange El Nino winter continures. Low this morning was 47° - 30° above normal. Calling for a high of 47° today so what I see is what I get for today.

Calling for highs in the upper 40's through Wednesday when a cold front comes through.

Here it is Feb 1st and still....haven't....plowed....any....snow.....I remember an El Nino winter like this some years back which was the same - I remember plowing a wet 2"-3" of snow once that winter which would have melted off the next day anyway. But many days with and ice packed driveway.

·
Registered
4,454 Posts
30 overnight. Sun shine for today, high 41. Rain tomorrow and in 40's again. Grrrr

·
Old Pa-pa
11,754 Posts
Temp 67*, got down to 59* last night, super dense fog, couldn't see neighbor's house at 200 feet at all at one point.

Big batch of rain supposed to be coming in starting tomorrow.

·
Registered
4,454 Posts
Oh yea forgot earlier, Feburary already:gaah:. 47 sunny now.

·
Old Pa-pa
11,754 Posts
Got up to 80* today, done dropped to 76* now, no rain yet.:yahoo:

·
Chief Stick-picker-upper
11,292 Posts
78° was the high temp in the Red Stick(were I work). Sunny most of the day. It won't get out of the 60's tonight. Looks like an 80% chance of thunderstorms tomorrow.

A little history:

Over 300 years ago, in 1699, French explorer Pierre Le Moyne, Sieur d'Iberville named Baton Rouge for the "red stick" along a Mississippi River bluff, as noted in written records found in the diaries of these explorers -- telling the tale of a pole stained with blood of fish and animals that served as the dividing line between the Bayougoula(pronounced: by u goo la) and Houmas Indians. It is from this "red stick" that Iberville christened our city "le Baton Rouge."

·
Corndog Hater
11,688 Posts
Only, yeah I said only, got to 37° but it was sunny. Warmer tomorrow and Wednesday before our "correction" arrives

·
Registered
2,776 Posts
36 & sunny now. Looks like we may get a little snow tomorrow. 5 - 8" ???

·
Premium Member
10,067 Posts

We had roughly 1" of snow on the ground last night, it had built up to 3-4" this morning around 0600. By this afternoon the wind had kicked it around enough that drifts were 3' deep in most places. Unlike usual, the storm is blowing in from the east now. Most of our weather comes from the west, this has created a completely new drift pattern. It's still snowing, they're saying we may get 10" of new snowfall before this storm ends. There's a winter weather warning until noon tomorrow.

·
Registered
77 Posts

We had roughly 1" of snow on the ground last night, it had built up to 3-4" this morning around 0600. By this afternoon the wind had kicked it around enough that drifts were 3' deep in most places. Unlike usual, the storm is blowing in from the east now. Most of our weather comes from the west, this has created a completely new drift pattern. It's still snowing, they're saying we may get 10" of new snowfall before this storm ends. There's a winter weather warning until noon tomorrow.
Yikes. Thankfully we haven't seen anything quite like that my way this year. Central OH has been pretty lucky thus far.

1979 John Deere 2640
Woods RD8400
7' Rear Blade

·
Registered
4,454 Posts
30 now. High of 42 with rain by 5pm. Winter storm North of us, dang:nunu:

·
Registered
22,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Temp bottomed out at 20° this morning - calling for a high of 48°.

Thanks for the pic Blake - it's nice to see some white stuff even if on my monitor......

1 - 20 of 386 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.