Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 156 Posts

·
Registered
21,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Welcome to the February 2020 weather thread!

The full moon is on the 9th.

Traditionally, the Moon we see in February is called the Snow Moon due to the typically heavy snowfall of February. On average, February is the USA’s snowiest month, according to data from the National Weather Service.

Other February full Moon names include:

the “Shoulder to Shoulder Around the Fire Moon” (from the Wishram people of the Pacific Northwest)

the “No Snow in the Trails Moon” (Zuni, of the Southwest)

the “Bone Moon” (Cherokee, of the Southeast). The Bone Moon meant that there was so little food that people gnawed on bones and ate bone marrow soup.

·
Registered
4,066 Posts
Another month gone by. Seams like it was just Christmas. 25 currently. Some light snow today , guessers say possibly an inch. High of 33. Warm tomorrow and Monday in the mid 40’s. Watching a storm for Tuesday and Wednesday.

·
Registered
21,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
32* this morning with a bit if fog - calling for a high of 39* today.

WU still messed up - what a shame.....

This is just a partial look at my Ambient Weather station dashboard -

·
Registered
2,514 Posts
31* here in Beecher Wi this morning. Seems rather dark, windy and cloudy now. But, the weather guessers claim we may finally see the sun for a bit today. High temp in the mid 30s Today. They claim it may get into the 40s tomorrow.

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
47 days til Spring over cast with showers coming but should push into the 40’s. We will hit 60° plus early next week I am really questioning the need for the cab I ordered.

·
Registered
21,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
47 days til Spring over cast with showers coming but should push into the 40’s. We will hit 60° plus early next week I am really questioning the need for the cab I ordered.
47 days - March 19th - still usually dead into winter yet. I don’t consider it to be a chance of spring weather until May.

·
Registered
10,284 Posts
The sun feels good.

62° at present.

·
Registered
21,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
33* this morning. Had a dusting overnight - might even be measurable - maybe 1/2”. Calling for a high of 37* today with a little more mix stuff.

·
Registered
4,066 Posts
33 here in Michigan. We had about 2” of snow yesterday afternoon and evening. Not gonna last high of 47 today and tomorrow.

·
Registered
2,514 Posts
33* and overcast now. Today’s forecasted to be partly sunny with a high of 42. Temps are forecasted to return closer to normal next week which means the daily high temp should be in the mid to upper 20s and lows in the teens.

·
Corndog Hater
11,267 Posts
Yesterday was a nice day with a mix of sun and clouds, high temp of 37°. We did get some snow overnight and into this morning, it’s tapering off now. We got every bit of the 2”-3” of snow called for, if not 4”. I’ll plow the driveway, just to use the Gator. The coming weather shows nothing outstanding at this point.

·
Registered
4,066 Posts
27 now and another warm day today with 45 for a high. Watching a couple systems towards the end of the week.

·
Registered
21,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
32* this morning - calling for a high of 49* today!

Really strange happenings here in the hollow overnight. Temp was staying around 32* until a little after midnight. Then the temp kept spiking up and back down - as high as 42*. We had about 3” of snow on the ground from yesterday - this morning POOF it’s gone.

·
Corndog Hater
11,267 Posts
We're at our overnight low right now, 34°. They say a high of 46°. After the snow tapered yesterday, it started to mist ever so slightly, never really a rain though. Our snow isn't gone, but this morning there is half of what we had on the ground. I'd say there's about 2"-3" of wet slushy snow left....at the moment. We too, have some systems tomorrow and Thursday, looks like it could get messy with rain, frozen mix, and snow.

1 - 20 of 156 Posts