Green Tractor Talk banner

101 - 120 of 198 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Clear and a chilly 2 degrees F here in western New York this. Had the tractor and blower out to clean up the 4 inches of snow we had yesterday and last night. Hopefully the neighbors appreciate it. Was a little cold doing that at 5am.

·
Premium Member
3,252 Posts
Not sure what happen to our winter? 90% of our snow is melted and I took my snow pusher off the loader and put the bucket back on. About ready to remove my chains super early??? Put all that money into my snow blower and never got to use it! Side road is down to dirt and holding up nice so far. Temps are not normal bit warm for us to get warm this soon. Animals love it and even a Butter Cup Flower came u[p way to early!

·
Registered
21,562 Posts
Discussion Starter #103
Not sure what happen to our winter? 90% of our snow is melted and I took my snow pusher off the loader and put the bucket back on. About ready to remove my chains super early??? Put all that money into my snow blower and never got to use it! Side road is down to dirt and holding up nice so far. Temps are not normal bit warm for us to get warm this soon. Animals love it and even a Butter Cup Flower came u[p way to early!
I have yet to plow my driveway this winter - very strange.

There have been some years when I was out there every 3 days or so.

·
Premium Member
3,252 Posts
I could get to enjoy winters like this as long as we get our water. 3.37 inches of rain since Oct 1 of last year? Glad my lake is still full from last year and being topped off with our early thaw.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Good news for today, is is the second day in a row without snow, bad news is that it is a little chilly outside. Even the dogs set a new personal best for quick trips.

·
Registered
21,562 Posts
Discussion Starter #107
Wow Joker1 - makes my 3*F look warm!

3* this morning - calling for a high of 35* today. I very much doubt we will see that high as the cold air in the hollow here is usually very hard to leave.

Nice and toasty in the house being I fired up the wood stove yesterday afternoon - don’t need a blanket on my legs this morning.

·
Corndog Hater
11,287 Posts

Brrr. Headed to 30° is the claim with sunny skies. The temp actually bottomed out at -6 at 3am.

·
Registered
21,562 Posts
Discussion Starter #111
28* this morning - 22* warmer than yesterday morning. Calling for a high of 38* today with overcast.

I’m thinking that we may never get a winter here. Chipmunks are out of their borrows and running all around the last couple days. Red squirrels also very active doing their territorial battles.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I been thinking of getting one of them weather station but when I let my old lab out in the morning she tells me what it's like out. The wife puppy is another story come chase me cause I'm not trained and probably won't, wife said it's untrainable. She doesn't want to spend that much time with it she watch me train 3 labs during our marriage. Oh yea I did potty trained it.

·
Premium Member
428 Posts
38 and calm, sunny today with a high of 55.

I been thinking of getting one of them weather station
I have had one for many years and love it. Always been interested in weather since I learned how to predict it by watching the animals on and around the farm and the general environmental conditions.

·
Registered
4,087 Posts
19 currently and high of 36. Winter weather advisory to the west of us, might include us later. Chance of 1-3” tonight guessers are saying.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I'm with Bob but 15* over on east side of Mi, near the Saginaw Bay you do know weather reporters are the only people who can be wrong on their job and never get fired on wait some government people to😃

·
Corndog Hater
11,287 Posts
Foggy too here, I guess, despite it being bright, but not sunny. I took the pic, because it just seemed odd, like it shouldn’t be foggy. Our low overnight was 18°. The coming weather, especially next week seems very unwinterlike.

·
Registered
10,360 Posts
Current Conditions.

Looks like it'll be a gloomy week.

101 - 120 of 198 Posts