Green Tractor Talk banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 385 Posts

·
Registered
22,657 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Geez - even with the New Year I forgot about the end/beginning of the month again - what a slacker!

Seasonable temps here today and the next few days with highs around 30°. Calling for the possibility of Lake Effect snow squalls today - could get nothing but could get 3"-5" - depends if a snow band sets up over you.

·
Premium Member
5,067 Posts
I was waiting for someone to start this for the NEW YEAR - JANUARY-2016 :thumbup1gif:

Cold this morning in the Pacific NW, but, it's NOT :rain:. 31* at 5:30am and the expected high, 38*. A bit windy at times as a cold wind from the NE comes through the Columbia River Gorge. Dry till maybe Sunday.

Have a wonderful day . . . . :greentractorride:

·
Chief Stick-picker-upper
11,253 Posts
Here, it's 43° with a few scattered clouds. The high is expected to reach 50° today, and about the same for tomorrow.

·
Premium Member
8,799 Posts
Well the weather computer tells me it is 1 degree currently with a windchill of -29, which seems like a error. High is supposed to be 29 today but I don't actually believe it is really 1 out right now. I need to check my weather station at the other end of the house. When I let the canine kids out, they sure didn't hurry like they usually do when it is 0 outside. I also didn't notice it that cold out when I was standing on the deck doing my regular coyote check.............Think the local weather computer is having issues.:unknown:

"Smart Phone" just informed me it is 24 degrees. That seems more like it.

Possibility of snow today which is normal. Living in a lake affect area, we have had times when it has snowed 34 straight days........

·
Registered
2,212 Posts
Switch from AC back to Heat last night.

45 and overcast this morning. You can see out the windows again since the humidity has dropped and with the heater on instead of air, no condensation.

Hopefully it stays dry and I can get the tractor out Saturday and Sunday without it just disappearing into the saturated clay.

:greentractorride:

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
37,410 Posts
New Year's Day
A slight chance of snow showers after 4pm. Partly sunny, with a high near 35. West wind 8 to 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 20%.

Tonight
A chance of snow showers, mainly after 7pm. Partly cloudy, with a low around 24. West wind around 8 mph. Chance of precipitation is 50%. New snow accumulation of less than a half inch possible.

Saturday
A slight chance of snow showers before 8am, then a slight chance of snow showers after 10am. Mostly sunny, with a high near 34. West wind 7 to 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 20%.

Saturday Night
Partly cloudy, with a low around 27. West wind around 7 mph.

Sunday
A slight chance of snow showers. Mostly sunny, with a high near 34. West wind 6 to 9 mph. Chance of precipitation is 20%.

Sunday Night
Partly cloudy, with a low around 21.

·
Corndog Hater
11,685 Posts
33F here currently. There is the slightest dusting of snow on the ground, with a flurry in the air. Hoping the lake effect doesn't materialize. I really need to get after that weather station and get it up and running, been preoccupied with cleaning up that fallen tree.

·
Registered
2,697 Posts
According to my weather station (On my shed) Currently temp is 30 degrees with 81% RH. Barometer is currently falling and now 29.80 inches. Stations show potential flurries. Winds currently steady at 8 mph out of the WSW gusting to 16mph.
Not much in the way of snow forecast by the boob tube. Let it Snow, Let it Snow, Let it Snow!! Itching to get back in the saddle......:greentractorride::greentractorride::greentractorride::bigthumb: We need a pic with a blower!

·
Registered
4,426 Posts
Happy New Year
Dusting of snow this morning and 24. Still light snow showers and 26 now. Enough snow to make roads a little slick at times.

·
Old Pa-pa
11,736 Posts
Radar has shown snow over us all day but it must be staying aloft - no more than a dusting earlier which is now gone.
Got .98" rain last night, started around 1AM, another batch of it fixing to slide over us from the gulf.
Getting as predictable as clockwork.:banghead:
Thank you subtropical jet.:banghead::banghead:

·
Corndog Hater
11,685 Posts
Radar has shown snow over us all day but it must be staying aloft - no more than a dusting earlier which is now gone.
We have about a dusting and a half on the ground, with maybe a flurry and a half in the air. Although the lake effect snow advisory is now a warning.

·
Premium Member
5,067 Posts
Currently 29* and 37% humidity. It's downright pleasant outside compared to what it has been. :thumbup1gif:
Funny how that is . . . Growing up in the mid-west, Illinois, NW of Chicago. First 45* day after a winter cold snap guys were in T-shirts washing their cars. Many were out driving with their convertible top down. :good2:

3:30am temp is 28 degrees with an East wind at 12mph. The wind coming through the Columbia River Gorge is what makes it windy and cold. High today is 38*. We're under a weather alert for sustained Easterly winds 20 to 25mph with gust to 45-55mph, the strongest in the Gorge. Rain change, possibly an ice mix, coming Monday.

·
Old Pa-pa
11,736 Posts
44 degrees, rain approaching from the southwest gulf again, same old, same old.:banghead:

·
Registered
4,426 Posts
Overcast cold 28 now. Supposed to see some sun this afternoon and high f 32 today.no precip in extended forecast until Friday and highs in upper 20's low 30's.

·
Registered
22,657 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Low of 27° this morning - currently 29°. Calling for a high of 30° today and tomorrow with no snow in the forecast.

·
Corndog Hater
11,685 Posts
28° here right now. I can still see the tips of the grass, the lake effect snow stayed north?. Still no sunshine though…

1 - 20 of 385 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.