Green Tractor Talk banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 184 Posts

·
Registered
22,647 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Welcome to the July edition of the weather thread!

June saw a lot of variety as far as the weather is concerned - a lot of damaging storms and flooding rains in some places.

The full moon in July is on the 19th and is called the Full Buck Moon because the bucks begin to grow their antlers. It has also been known as the Thunder Moon since thunderstorms are so frequent in July.

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
37,396 Posts
Today
A slight chance of showers, then showers and thunderstorms likely after 1pm. Some of the storms could produce small hail and gusty winds. Increasing clouds, with a high near 76. Calm wind becoming south 5 to 9 mph in the morning. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New rainfall amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch, except higher amounts possible in thunderstorms.

Tonight
Showers and thunderstorms likely before 2am, then a slight chance of showers between 2am and 3am. Some of the storms could produce small hail and gusty winds. Cloudy, then gradually becoming partly cloudy, with a low around 58. South wind around 7 mph becoming west after midnight. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New rainfall amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible.

Saturday
Mostly sunny, with a high near 74. Northwest wind 9 to 14 mph.

Saturday Night
Mostly clear, with a low around 53. West wind 5 to 9 mph.

Sunday
Sunny, with a high near 78. West wind 5 to 9 mph.

Sunday Night
Partly cloudy, with a low around 55.

Independence Day
Sunny, with a high near 83.

Monday Night
Partly cloudy, with a low around 59.

·
Super Moderator
8,040 Posts
We've had some great weather around here lately. Received a little bit of overnight rain earlier in the week but not nearly enough. We're about -6" down YTD on rain. Almost -3" in June alone!
The grass looks like it's stopped growing and mine is started to brown out. :desert:

Can't really complain as we've not experienced floods, forest fires, tornadoes or hurricanes that have affected other areas of the country.

·
Registered
4,240 Posts
Looks like we will be on the southern edge of this for the holiday weekend.

Capture.PNG

·
Registered
22,647 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
After reading Frank's post about rainfall I took a look at mine. Year-to-day we are at 14.7" - the average YTD is 16.4". For June we had 2.4" - the average for June is 3.6". So we are off just a little.

Another beautiful day in store - high predicted of 79°. Overnight low was 53°. Looks like a round of thunderstorms might come through this afternoon.

jpgwebcam.jpg

·
Corndog Hater
11,685 Posts
Same conditions as Stan, here. I saw on the news that they have declared our area "D-0" which means "abnormally dry", but not in drought. I believe this extended down to you Stan. The rain we have predicted today is supposed to be less than a quarter inch, then right back to the beautiful, albeit dry weather.

·
Registered
5,933 Posts
65 this morning with a high of 100. Been that for the last 5 days and will drop several degrees in the next 5 days. Zucchini are taking over the world! Send special forces!:laugh:

·
Registered
4,422 Posts
Well June was sure dry and hot:banghead:. We finally got some rain, .40" some is better than nothing. High of 74 today.

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
37,396 Posts
Just Great...

[h=3]Tornado Watch[/h]TORNADO WATCH OUTLINE UPDATE FOR WT 313
NWS STORM PREDICTION CENTER NORMAN OK
130 PM EDT FRI JUL 1 2016

TORNADO WATCH 313 IS IN EFFECT UNTIL 1000 PM EDT FOR THE
FOLLOWING LOCATIONS

NEW YORK COUNTIES INCLUDED ARE

ALBANY BRONX BROOME
CHENANGO COLUMBIA DELAWARE
DUTCHESS FULTON GREENE
HAMILTON HERKIMER KINGS
MADISON MONTGOMERY NASSAU
NEW YORK ONEIDA ORANGE
OTSEGO PUTNAM QUEENS
RENSSELAER RICHMOND ROCKLAND
SARATOGA SCHENECTADY SCHOHARIE
SULLIVAN ULSTER WARREN
WASHINGTON WESTCHESTER

·
Corndog Hater
11,685 Posts

As you can see, our rain didn't amount to much. Dry weather is predicted for the next week. I think I better work a little harder to get some water out of the old hand dug shallow well for watering the plants.

·
Hey, I want a title too!
3,679 Posts
Interesting weather to say the least.

Sent using the space-time continuum.

·
Registered
22,647 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Sounding like a broken record....I know....

Yesterday was pleasant with a quick rain shower in the afternoon - gave us a whopping 0.01" in the rain gauge. Overnight low was 49° - calling for a high of 78° with partly cloudy skies - perfect once again!

jpgwebcam.jpg

·
Corndog Hater
11,685 Posts
I hope we aren't going to pay for this Stan, perhaps in January or February!

·
Corndog Hater
11,685 Posts
Ahhhhhh my eyes my eyes my eyes

·
Registered
22,647 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
High yesterday was 77° with partly cloudy skies and a nice breeze. Overnight low was 47° - up to 50° now. High forecast for 80° today with continued low humidity - awesome!

But looking ahead - I don't like it much - showing highs in or near 90° Wednesday through Saturday.

jpgwebcam.jpg

1 - 20 of 184 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.