Green Tractor Talk banner

121 - 140 of 210 Posts

·
Registered
21,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #122
70* with 100% humidity this morning - just stifling out there. Calling for a high of 88* today with continued oppressiveness....

Looks like the cold front won’t come through here until overnight tonight.

B3493A67-C3F2-47E0-A71F-FF75C4A278A4.png

·
Registered
2,637 Posts
It’s forecasted to be less hot today. It’s currently 68*. High near 80*.

Had a couple of rounds of storms yesterday. Around noon I got an inch of rain in about 15 minutes. Got kinda windy, almost dark as night. No damage or loss of power at my place. Sounds like others not far away weren’t so lucky. News is reporting some my not have power restored for a few days do to the number of trees down.

·
Registered
4,219 Posts
69 and some light rain. Ahhhhhh relief. Cold front came threw about 1800 last night. Strong winds and rain. We only got .60” and never lost power. Just up the road is out of power. Dodge the worst again. Not seeing any trees down, as the news is showing a lot of area with damage and or power out. Lower temps and humidity all week.

Attachments

·
Corndog Hater
11,469 Posts
Still hot, and ok by me. I will say again though, that throughout this heat wave there has often been a breeze. There is right now as Mrs. CP and I are sitting on the back deck under cover, it’s definitely been worse. Current conditions …

Only, it’s not overcast, it’s sunny and beautiful.

It looks like our best chance for rain is tomorrow morning.

·
Registered
21,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #126
Still hot, and ok by me. I will say again though, that throughout this heat wave there has often been a breeze. There is right now as Mrs. CP and I are sitting on the back deck under cover, it’s definitely been worse. Current conditions …

Only, it’s not overcast, it’s sunny and beautiful.

It looks like our best chance for rain is tomorrow morning.
I’m surprised your humidity and dew point are actually higher than mine right now. I could take the heat much better if not for those extremes.

58EA86CD-D21E-418B-B48E-602184D370CD.png

·
Corndog Hater
11,469 Posts
And that’s from our weather station, mounted in the full sun.

·
Registered
270 Posts
The heat index right now is 100, I’m staying inside. Might run up the road for some ice cream a little later. Other than that, just sit here with A/C on and fans blowing while waiting for October...

·
Registered
5,135 Posts
Temp is headed down

We hit 98.7 and it's now dropped all the way down to 98 at 5:30 pm. There may be relief coming as I see some showers on the radar about 150 miles west. It remains to be seen if they get here. . . .

Treefarmer

·
Registered
21,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #130
Today is transition day between the recent heat and humidity and the cooler drier air coming tomorrow. 69* presently with heavy rain. Calling for a high of 71* today with continued rain until the front finally passes around 5pm.

Had a real gully washer overnight at 1am - 0.89” in 15 minutes. It woke me up even with all the windows closed and the A/C on. Of course that’s when Jake wanted to go out so we sat on the porch and watched. Talk about sheets of rain....

Looking forward to tomorrow and the rest of the week - highs in the 70’s and low dew points.

1BEA156D-A1CD-4D1E-873E-5ECAB92416EA.png

·
Registered
2,637 Posts
60* this am. Mostly sunny it’s a high near 80*. Forecasted to be about the same all week:bigthumb:

The local news is reporting some are still without power from Saturday’s storm. Everything is fine near me.

·
Registered
4,219 Posts
Nice relief started yesterday. Nice being outside without being ringing wet. Lower humidity even more today and high of 77. Chance of rain tomorrow but other than that dry until next Monday. Temps inch up a little each day but humidity looks to stay low.

Attachments

·
Corndog Hater
11,469 Posts
Much cooler here, up to 64° from our low of 62°, headed to 70° today. It's overcast now and we've had little rain (0.01") and the front passed through with little notice other than the temp drop.

·
Registered
21,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #134
Blissfully cool this morning at 62*. Calling for a high of 74* today with just a chance of a couple straggler showers this afternoon.

The rest of the week looks nice and cool!

FD607F6A-3B1E-4DA0-B0C8-42086F3F526C.png

·
Registered
2,178 Posts
69 this morning. Some drips coming down that are left over from last nights storms. High of 76 today with a chance of showers through the day.

We had some wind and rain and lost power for about 2 hours last evening. Power came back at about 8, didn't have to start up the genny since rain had stopped and sump pumps didn't need to run.

I hope KennyD made out OK last night. There were some really bad storms and tornado warnings in his area of MD last night.

·
Registered
21,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #136
Nice and cool 59* this morning - calling for a high of 79* today.

Looks like the next chance of rain is next week Tues-Weds. Forecaster said we will ever so slowly get back to the humid air by then.....

40056F31-C39A-465A-A860-0E4F09013D90.png

·
Registered
2,637 Posts
It’s currently 57* and sunny. High of 83 forecasted today.

Hotter temps and high humidity returns for the weekend. The higher humidity brings a chance of afternoon storms.

According to this mornings news there still are people without power from Saturday’s storms.

·
Registered
4,219 Posts
Nice cool 53 when I got up. High 79 today and humidity still low. Tomorrow the temp and humidity start to go up and more by the weekend. No rain until Monday.

Attachments

·
Registered
167 Posts
Unbelievably it is 66 here in Dallas this morning. Humidity is down and it is supposed to stay low and cool next two mornings. Hard to believe it is July 24th. Plan on using the new MX- 8 mower out at the farm later today.

·
Corndog Hater
11,469 Posts
Low of 49° this morning, up to 64° now. Low humidity, it's really nice with a high of 74° today. This is the perfect weather for surveying along an unmowed hayfield with 5' tall grass. I definitely wouldn't have wanted to be out there last week! Looks like a long stretch of dry weather here.

121 - 140 of 210 Posts