Green Tractor Talk banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 281 Posts

·
Registered
22,679 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I feel like such a slacker - just realized at 5pm today that today is the first of the new month!

May's weather thread showed some very severe weather in the south including Texas, Oklahoma, Louisiana, and surrounding areas. Record rainfalls in many places with terrible flooding. I as well as most others have appreciated all the reports from the folks down there with the pics.

This month's full moon is on June 2nd and called the Strawberry Moon making the name obviously for the ripening of strawberry plants around this time of year.

June is also the summer solstice which is on June 21 - the longest day of the year as far as sunlight is concerned. After June 21 it's all downhill as the daylight hours are shorter each day thereafter.

·
Registered
12,294 Posts
coaltrain, ur slipping their old buddy.:lolol: I was gonna try for the first post again this month at 1.30am but I wanted to wait for u. btw it was a nice cool day here, hardly any sunshine today. u-all have a good day. big jim

·
Corndog Hater
11,687 Posts
I will let it slide this month coaltrain . Also, I came into my office this morning, flipped the calendar to June, then looked at GTT and posted in the May weather thread. And…it never occurred to me that it was June despite flipping the calendar, so don't feel bad buddy?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
37,435 Posts
Currently 45° and rain. Dang cold if ya ask me.

·
Registered
2,158 Posts
same a Gizmo2, but we really needed the rain.....

·
Corndog Hater
11,687 Posts
49° this morning and cloudy. They are calling for temps up in the 60s and sun breaking out eventually. Then temps rising the rest of the week. I dumped the rain gauge yesterday, it had just under 3" for the week. Grass has grown exponentially the last couple days!

·
Registered
4,244 Posts
60°F here and still cloudy. The sun is suppose to come out sometime today. Regardless, I have to mow today or it will be a mess if I wait any longer for it to dry out. Lots of rain last weekend and the Weed and Feed I put on a couple weeks ago is now doing its thing. Weeds gone, grass growing big time.:lol:

·
Registered
22,679 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yesterday was like our tropical rain forest days without the tropical part. We must have had a cloud stuck in the bowl here as it drizzled and misted all day. Trees were just dripping all day - temp stayed ~52° all day and overnight. Supposed to be overcast all day today but with a high of 68° but I don't believe it will get that high being that cloud seems to still be stuck here.

·
Old Pa-pa
11,740 Posts
Yesterday was like our tropical rain forest days without the tropical part. We must have had a cloud stuck in the bowl here as it drizzled and misted all day. Trees were just dripping all day - temp stayed ~52° all day and overnight. Supposed to be overcast all day today but with a high of 68° but I don't believe it will get that high being that cloud seems to still be stuck here.
Bright sunshine, clear blue skies, had to go drink my coffee sitting on the back porch it was so pretty.
Nothing on the radar rain wise :yahoo:
Have to make a run to town for stuff I'm getting low on, Lowes here I come.:banghead:

·
Registered
281 Posts
51 degrees, cloudy, damp, dark and just plain YUK in Sussex County this AM. Had to put a winter sweatshirt on. JD dealer is suppose to be delivering and installing the thumb on the BH today. Kind of hoping they hold off until tomorrow. I don't even feel like going out there. Good day to hide in the office and look at the forum and read up on JD stuff :kidw_truck_smiley::laugh:

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
37,435 Posts
ilmo, Which Weed and Feed did you use?

·
Registered
4,244 Posts
ilmo, Which Weed and Feed did you use?
Gizmo2, I ended up using...
Gordon's® Liquid Weed & Feed 15-0-0, 2-1/2 gal.

·
Old Pa-pa
11,740 Posts
Nice sprayer rig!

·
Registered
4,244 Posts
Old Cajun,

Thanks. In the past I used a 3 gallon pump up sprayer. :laugh:

·
Registered
12,294 Posts
woke up to rain this am, still drizzleing now, don't think sun will shine today, going to jd this afternoon, will have to look at stuff in the rain:lol:

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
37,435 Posts
Gizmo2, I ended up using...
Gordon's® Liquid Weed & Feed 15-0-0, 2-1/2 gal.
Thanks, I guess I had seen the picture before in a recent post of yours.
I really need to do something with our horse pastures but its tough to do when I need the pastures for grazing.

·
Old Pa-pa
11,740 Posts
Old Cajun,

Thanks. In the past I used a 3 gallon pump up sprayer. :laugh:
Yup, I used to use a 2 gallon one.
Dragged that sucker around for a week before I got it all done.
Got a 3 point hitch 25 gal. one now I built, can get it all done in a day now,
my back and arms thank me for that,:laugh:

·
Premium Member
5,069 Posts
Well I didn't post yesterday because there was no June starter.:laugh:

We had a cool :rain: day yesterday, just under a half inch. It 54* @ just after 8am. The high should get to 62*, cloudy with showers and a 72% chance of liquid sunshine. :rain:

·
Registered
4,244 Posts
Thanks, I guess I had seen the picture before in a recent post of yours.
I really need to do something with our horse pastures but its tough to do when I need the pastures for grazing.
You may want to try one of these other products for pasture.

Gordon's USA

Not sure how big you pasture is, but can you fence off portions of your pasture and spray sections at a time?

·
Registered
22,679 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Yup, I used to use a 2 gallon one.
Dragged that sucker around for a week before I got it all done.
Got a 3 point hitch 25 gal. one now I built, can get it all done in a day now,
my back and arms thank me for that,:laugh:
Pretty much the same here - simple pleasures.

1 - 20 of 281 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.