Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 158 Posts

·
Registered
22,708 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Welcome to June!

Our members reported a vast mix of weather in May - from a heat wave in the east, lots of rain to the Southeast, violent storms in the Midwest, snow in Colorado and Wyoming, and cool/damp in the Northwest.

June brings us our summer solstice (longest daylight day of the year) which is on the 20th. This is the start of astronomical summer. Meteorological summer begins on the 1st.

Full moon in June is also on the 20th and is called the Strawberry Full Moon. June is when the harvest time of the strawberries are.

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
37,449 Posts
Today
Mostly sunny, with a high near 81. Calm wind becoming southeast around 6 mph in the afternoon.

Tonight
Partly cloudy, with a low around 54. Southeast wind 3 to 6 mph.

Thursday
Mostly sunny, with a high near 76. South wind 6 to 9 mph.

Thursday Night
A chance of showers before 2am, then a chance of showers and thunderstorms between 2am and 3am, then showers likely and possibly a thunderstorm after 3am. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 56. South wind 5 to 8 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New rainfall amounts of less than a tenth of an inch, except higher amounts possible in thunderstorms.

Friday
A chance of showers and thunderstorms. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 75. Southwest wind 5 to 7 mph. Chance of precipitation is 50%.

Friday Night
A slight chance of showers before 2am. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 55. Chance of precipitation is 20%.

·
Premium Member
5,069 Posts
Greetings- In the Pacific NW our strawberry started mid-May, about two weeks early due to the warm spring weather. Now with hot temps the picking will quickly come to an end soon.

Currently-
IMG_2133.PNG

Today-
IMG_2135.PNG

7 Day Forecast-
7day.jpg

It's going to get hot this week . . . . :cowboy:

·
Registered
22,708 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Once again a very comfortable night with an overnight low of 52°. High yesterday was 85° once again and calling for the same today.

A weather news artcle I read calls for a big pattern change upcoming for the Northeast. Looking at the forecast for next week shows highs in the lower 70's and lows in the upper 40's - now that is more like it!

jpgwebcam.jpg

·
Registered
22,708 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Kind of warm overnight with a low of 63°. Yesterday's high was 88° again. Calling for a high of only 76° and humid with scattered thunderstorms.

Still looking forward to next week when the pattern changes to give us highs in the lower 70's.

jpgwebcam.jpg

·
Registered
5,948 Posts
Welcome to June!

Our members reported a vast mix of weather in May - from a heat wave in the east, lots of rain to the Southeast, violent storms in the Midwest, snow in Colorado and Wyoming, and cool/damp in the Northwest.

June brings us our summer solstice (longest daylight day of the year) which is on the 20th. This is the start of astronomical summer. Meteorological summer begins on the 1st.

Full moon in June is also on the 20th and is called the Strawberry Full Moon. June is when the harvest time of the strawberries are.
55 this morning with a high of 95 predicted. It is supposed to get warmer the next week. Just finished a huge bowl of fresh picked strawberries with a smidge of granola, 1/2 a banana, almonds and walnuts. That has been breakfast for the last 4 weeks now. I have been picking strawberries for a month now and I am still loving them. Shortcake anyone?:laugh:

·
Registered
4,436 Posts
Cool 55 and little foggy this morning. Low humidity high 80 today. Could use a Little rain. Corn starting to come up, hay fields are ready for first cutting.

·
Old Pa-pa
11,743 Posts
Things look a tad problematic for getting anything done outside today and the next few days.:banghead:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,069 Posts
We've gotten a little :rain: overnight, quarter inch or so. It quite 'balmy' out with nearly 60º at this early hour. Headed to 70º or so and hopefully some sunshine.

Currently~
IMG_2137.PNG

Today~
IMG_2138.PNG

7 Day~
7day.jpg

55 this morning with a high of 95 predicted. It is supposed to get warmer the next week. Just finished a huge bowl of fresh picked strawberries with a smidge of granola, 1/2 a banana, almonds and walnuts. That has been breakfast for the last 4 weeks now. I have been picking strawberries for a month now and I am still loving them. Shortcake anyone?:laugh:
Yum . . . Enjoying the same here! :thumbup1gif:

·
Corndog Hater
11,687 Posts
Our weather has closely mirrored coaltrain's as of late but maybe not quite as warm. The rain is currently moving out and the clouds are breaking up.

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
37,449 Posts
We NEED rain.

·
Corndog Hater
11,687 Posts
Just finished up using the Ryobi pole saw and now sitting on the back porch, our outdoor living room. We are listening to the thunder to the south, can you hear it coaltrain?

I posted the screen shot of our rain gauge earlier with 0.40". That's where it stands now. We needed some rain too, I couldn't believe with less than half an inch, how wet the yard seemed.

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
37,449 Posts
Been raining most of the day here - 0.66".
Just finished up using the Ryobi pole saw and now sitting on the back porch, our outdoor living room. We are listening to the thunder to the south, can you hear it coaltrain?

I posted the screen shot of our rain gauge earlier with 0.40". That's where it stands now. We needed some rain too, I couldn't believe with less than half an inch, how wet the yard seemed.
Maybe we'll get it today.:dunno:

·
Registered
22,708 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Our total rain for yesterday ended up with that 0.66". But once the rain stopped it got muggy - temp and dew point stayed at 66° all night.

High today forecast for 82° which probably means 88° again and already quite humid. Then it looks like that cold front I am looking for will be coming through on Sunday.

jpgwebcam.jpg

·
Registered
4,436 Posts
Could use some rain. Cool again this morning 56, sunny going to 80 today low humidity. Looks like maybe Sunday and Monday will get some. Starting to see grass a little brown.

·
Premium Member
5,069 Posts
Many areas need the :rain: that's been pounding Texas, seems to be feast or famine sometimes.

Our latest :rain: that just ended totaled 0.17" . . . . Not enough to make a real difference but glad we got it.

Current temp at 7am is 54.3º. Sky is clear, sun is up, and we're headed for 86º today.

Saturday we're forecast to be ~97º and Sunday 95º.

Little too warm for me, time to get Carol's hammock setup. :thumbup1gif:

IMG_2141.jpg IMG_2142.jpg IMG_2143.jpg IMG_2144.jpg

1 - 20 of 158 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.