Green Tractor Talk banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 152 Posts

·
Registered
21,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Welcome to the June 2019 weather thread!

Many many extreme weather events in May - multiple tornados, devastating flooding, ecessive rainfall in other areas, and escessive heat. I think we are feeling some serious effects of climate change as we go from winter to summer.

The June Full Moon is called the Full Strawberry Moon and is on the 17th. This Full Moon got its name from the Algonquin tribes in eastern North America who knew it as a signal to gather the ripening fruit of wild strawberries. It has also been known as the Honey Moon, Mead Moon, and the Full Rose Moon in Europe.

·
Registered
10,062 Posts
How's the weather at your place? - June 2019

I'll let y'all know when June gets here. :laugh:

Tomorrow(June 1st) they say it'll be 72° for the low and 94° for the high temp. 20% chance of rain(I say zero) :good2:.

It's been dry for at least two weeks now. Hope it stays that way for some time.

·
Old Pa-pa
11,345 Posts
Got up to 96*, humidity running 55%, ended may with 6.58" rain.

Amazingly dryish so far, we get a few rain events, but then plenty of days with drying and bright sun, not the
rain everyday or everyother day and mostly cloudy like the last 2 years.

Hope that pattern hangs in for a while.

Attachments

·
Registered
21,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
50* this morning with our usual 100% humidity - calling for a high of 83* today with some thunderstorms coming in this evening.

C00E5E0D-8B7C-4AB7-ACE7-B28259C2C708.png

My stats for May. Of note of course is the rainfall - we’re now 1.58” ahead of the average year to date.

53F3E80C-3E40-4A92-81E7-3562D651BE83.jpeg

·
Corndog Hater
11,112 Posts
I’m not sure our rain stats are accurate, new batteries are on my list to buy. 5.66” is what it’s telling me. 57° now, gray dreary and damp. Similar chance of storms as CT today. Calling for a high of 76°

·
Registered
3,949 Posts
Well June I hope is Dryer than May. Not sure of our stats either but it was wet. Not starting off good with storms expected on and off today and rain most of the days this week. Light rain overnight and partly cloudy now. 62 and high of 75 today.
Sure would be nice to get a stretch of dry weather to be able to get some hay cut this month. If I remember right it was July last year before we got our first cutting. We’ll see.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
64 this morning and clear skies. High today of 85, humidity is supposed to stay below 50% so it shouldn't feel too bad. Chance of a thunderstorm this evening.

We didn't get any rain last night. The last week or so the rain has been just right, keeping the grass watered well yet not making the ground into soft mud. :good2: I'm conflicted....I like the nice green grass at home without watering but I wouldn't mind a dry spell so the grass at the chapel would slow down its growth and not need to be cut each week. :drama: :laugh:

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
It's currently 64* and cloudy. I had 1" of rain last night and this morning. Still cant go more than a day or two with out rain.

·
Old Pa-pa
11,345 Posts
Peaked out at 98* today, 60% humidity, rough out there, rough I tell ya! :banghead:

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
61 this morning and clear skies. No storms last night. supposed to get up to 82 today and the humidity returns to the 65% level. We have a chance for thunderstorms this afternoon / evening again.

·
Registered
21,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
57* this morning with light rain - calling for a high of 71* today with more rain. The cold front is supposed to come through here around 2pm - then it starts cooling off and the rain stops - for a couple days anyway....

Looks like the low temp on Tuesday morning may be in the 30’s....

CAD1BA0D-5182-43C2-8AA8-D597B2843948.png

·
Registered
3,949 Posts
Some heavy storms came threw yesterday. We had some high winds and hail. Layer two of our hayfields down:banghead:. 1” yesterday and a half inch overnight. Suny and 55 now with high of 64 today. Frost advisory’s North of us tonight. Final looks like we are gonna have a three dry days in a row, and then another dry stretch after Wednesday. I hope the guessers are right.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,949 Posts
This weather is killing me:banghead::banghead::banghead::mad:. Fixing fence and turned cows out into summer pastures, working away and Uncle says oh no. Look up sky is dark to the north west. Look at my phone radar and yep rain comes right at us. Jump on quad and beat feet back to barn. Everything’s sitting out, barns wide open. Mrs put a second coat of stain on her wishing well :banghead::banghead:. Scramble to get everything inside and just as we did rain and blowing wind..":banghead: this is getting old.
Sun comes back out now but looks like another round coming

Attachments

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
Since it's 50 here this morning....you Northerner's must have frost warnings!!!

High today of 70, no rain in the forecast. It seems like we are getting actual Spring temps this year instead of Summer temps consistently. It could be like this for another month and I wouldn't complain! :yahoo:

·
Registered
3,949 Posts
Chilly this morning. Was 39 when I got up. High 64 today and sunny. No rain until tomorrow night into Wednesday then looks like no rain for a few days. Hopefully we are done with the every other day rains. Yesterday was frustrating we have three pop up showers and one event had hail.

Attachments

·
Registered
21,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
45* this morning - beautifully crisp and cool - calling for a high of 63* today.

Yes - frost advisories for our mountains early tomorrow morning.

Looks like sunshine and beautiful 60’s today and tomorrow. Trying to get caught up on outside work. But can’t mow yet today as the ground is once again super saturated. Will have to do tomorrow swampy areas or not. Thankful to have a 4WD mower!

B1988C38-2CA6-4923-BD7F-6B80DF8CDD76.png

·
Premium Member
3,231 Posts
Windy and Nice!

Good day for working on the Flag Pole 73 degrees and sunny w/light clouds. Except for the higher 25+MPH winds that moved the pole around some while I worked! I was fixing my Flag Pole Rope! The Rope is stuck and I need to lower the pole on top to get to the pulley. I have a new bigger rope to put thru it. Today I was standing on the 2nd Rung from the top, tied off leaning back not holding on hanging onto a long pipe. I was trying to unstick the rope which is 40 ft off the ground.
The pole top is 30 ft and in my younger years I spiked up this pole to do stuff to it including the big light fixtures!! I took the steel ladder I welded up and bolted it to the pole. I knew I would get old and need it. Still at 67 years old and standing on the top of a 30 ft pole is good! Shelby and others stood there and watched the whole time. I asked anyone get a picture??? NOPE were sorry?? All the times selfies are taken I stand on top of a 30 ft telephone pole and not one picture! They did say next time you go up we will. I still have to remove the metal pole and get the new rope in the pulley since the old one is not moving at all.
The power company put this pole in the ground for me when I got my power for our home 23 years ago. Before it went up I drilled it out for stuff and put the cross arm on. Make it nice during the night being able to see the place to do stuff with the animals! 100_3569.JPG 100_3570.JPG 100_3571.JPG

Detailed Forecast
Tonight
Clear, with a low around 48. Breezy, with a west wind 13 to 23 mph, with gusts as high as 32 mph.
Tuesday
Sunny, with a high near 75. Northwest wind 9 to 15 mph becoming southwest in the afternoon.
Tuesday Night
Partly cloudy, with a low around 50. West wind 9 to 14 mph.
Wednesday
Partly sunny, with a high near 71. Breezy, with a southwest wind 10 to 15 mph increasing to 18 to 23 mph in the afternoon. Winds could gust as high as 32 mph.
Wednesday Night
Mostly cloudy, with a low around 48. Breezy, with a southwest wind 11 to 20 mph.
Thursday
Partly sunny, with a high near 64. Breezy.
Thursday Night
Partly cloudy, with a low around 43. Breezy.
Friday
A 40 percent chance of showers, mainly after 11am. Mostly sunny, with a high near 61.
Friday Night
A 30 percent chance of showers before 11pm. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 45.
Saturday
A 20 percent chance of showers after 11am. Partly sunny, with a high near 65. Breezy.
Saturday Night
Partly cloudy, with a low around 46.
Sunday
Sunny, with a high near 70.
Sunday Night
Mostly clear, with a low around 50.
Monday
Sunny, with a high near 76.

·
Old Pa-pa
11,345 Posts
Got up to 98* this afternoon, was going to go trim some stumps closer to the ground with the chainsaw, said nauuuu. :laugh:

Had a thunderstorm pop up to the south, but dissipated before it got to us, ground bone dry for over 2 weeks, not used to that. :laugh:

·
Registered
3,949 Posts
48 this morning and partly cloudy. High 76 today. Showers this evening and into tomorrow.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 152 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.