Green Tractor Talk banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 465 Posts

·
Registered
22,679 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Our "weather at your place" thread for February was certainly active - 76 pages worth! I for one really enjoy reading about everyone's weather and it seems most of us had some extreme weather to share.

Some quick trivia for March:

Full moon is on the 5th at 1:05pm. March's full moon is the Worm Moon - in a nutshell the worms will start coming to the surface in the softening ground which will bring the first Robins.

Daylight Saving Time starts on the 8th at 2:00am.

Meteorological Spring starts on the 1st - Astronomical Spring starts on the 20th.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

As I write this at midnight on March 1st my temp is holding at 4° - maybe it will stay above zero this morning for a change? Then calling for 5"-8" of snow Sunday through Monday morning.

·
Registered
2,965 Posts
Wed's supposed to be 10F for a high, but the rest of the week is looking up.

March isn't spring for us (most years), April is. Some years we're lucky to have the frost out by May.

·
Registered
770 Posts
Nice and warm. 19F and lake effect slop coming down, like every night.

Was clear as a bell Sat. and calm. Supposed to be getting nasty later on, though it's going to be a long while until anything resembling spring shows up.
Mid April maybe.:unknown:

·
Registered
2,965 Posts
We had a little ice falling tonight (didn't amount to anything). Was around 20F most of the day. Still 16 now at 1AM - bout 10-15 degrees warmer than yesterday. Supposed to be warmer yet mid-afternoon.

I'll be cutting/dragging trees this week as long as it's in the 20's.

·
Registered
4,244 Posts
7½" of snow. It is wet and heavy, still coming down for a couple more hours. Additional accumulation of <1". It all started late Sat. afternoon. Temp right now is not too bad at 28°F and the wind is calm.

I will go out after it quits snowing/raining so I don't get so wet and clear out the driveway and sidewalks.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,113 Posts
I enjoyed the February Weather thread as well, Coaltrain.

To end February we had 11 inches of snow Wednesday afternoon into Thursday morning with a high Thursday of 27 degrees. Today we're expecting near 60 degrees and rain moving in late evening. March is usually our start of severe weather. She's certainly coming in like a lamb, may go out like a lion.

·
Registered
4,432 Posts
6* here this morning with a dusting overnight. Supposed to go up to 31* today. Looks like we are finally out of the real cold weather we had in February. A couple of cold night coming but for the most part upper 20's at least during the day.

·
Chief Stick-picker-upper
11,261 Posts
Yesterday was like a Spring Day. Temps made it to 68°, with plenty of Sunshine. :bigthumb:

Today, it's currently 56° with light fog & 98% humidity. High is expected to be at, or near 72° with chance of rain. :rain:

·
Premium Member
14,716 Posts
Yesterday cold in the morning but warmed up to near 30° but nice and sunny clouds later in the evening
Temp now 26° picked up maybe 1" of snow now a very light snow and from looking at radar sleet about a hr away.

Sunday 100% Precip. / ~ 1 in

Snow this morning will give way to a mixture of rain and snow this afternoon. High 39F. Winds SSW at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of precip 100%. About one inch of snow expected.
Sunday Night 100% Precip. / 1-3 in

Rain and snow this evening turning to all snow overnight. Areas of freezing rain possible. Low 28F. Winds W at 10 to 15 mph. Chance of precip 100%. Snow accumulating 1 to 3 inches.

·
Premium Member
14,716 Posts
Thanks Coaltrain :bigthumb:

·
Super Moderator
5,101 Posts
A balmy 22* here this morning with 4"-6" of snow predicted for tonight.

I will say one thing for these weather threads. They finally got me off my butt to replace my old weather unit with one of those new-fangled Interweb-connected jobbers. So now I can actually get my temps and whatnot here at the house and even have teh ability to monitor it from my smart phone. Woohoo! :laugh:

·
Administrator
17,961 Posts
... February was certainly active - 76 pages worth! ...
If you set the number of post's per page to the maximum of 40 in your user general settings, you will see a lot less pages...I only see 19 for the Feb thread.

Number of pages.JPG

:bigthumb:

·
Premium Member
5,965 Posts
22* this morning, supposed to make 35*. About an inch of fresh snow on the ground. HPIM1540.JPG

·
Corndog Hater
11,687 Posts
I would also like to thank coaltrain for starting these weather threads, thoroughly enjoyable

We got about 3" of new snow overnight…no more bare pavement. Calling for 6" total, but predictions have been off lately, so we will see. Snowing lightly now, but the big news is that it's 17° already! Baby steps…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
7,702 Posts
+16 and cloudy. We got less than an inch of snow. I put the shovel to work, not the truck. :pickup:

·
Registered
22,679 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
If you set the number of post's per page to the maximum of 40 in your user general settings, you will see a lot less pages...I only see 19 for the Feb thread.
Well I guess I should have noted the number of posts then.......754 posts in the February weather thread.

·
Registered
2,766 Posts
Its currently 9* and sunny at my place. High of 30 for today.

·
GTT's Pilot in Command (PIC)
8,558 Posts
Bring on the Spring!!!! What attempted to thaw a little yesterday afternoon froze solid last night. I've got solid 2-4 inches of very slick ice!! :banghead: Dogs could barely assume the position to poop this morning, and making the trek to the barn was taking my life in my hands. No emergency crews could get here, even if I did call for help. No sense in grabbing onto fence posts or pipes for balance. They are so slick with ice that you couldn't hang onto one if you were falling anyway. Problem with snow down here, it doesn't remain snow, like it does elsewhere. So yes, I *STINK* at winter!!

Give me back my 100* days and my gardening weather!!! :soapbox:

1 - 20 of 465 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.