Green Tractor Talk banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 191 Posts

·
Registered
22,657 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
Welcome to March!

February has seen all sorts of weather across the US - some of which was unusual due to a strong El Nino that has been effect. March brings the transitional weather from winter to spring.

The full moon in March is on the 23rd and called the Full Worm Moon. At the time of this spring moon, the ground begins to soften and earthworm casts reappear, inviting the return of robins.

Meteorological Spring starts March 1st while Astronomical Spring starts March 20th (Vernal Equinox).

Daylight Saving Time (DST) begins on March 13th this year - set your clocks ahead!

·
Old Pa-pa
11,736 Posts
Welcome to March!

February has seen all sorts of weather across the US - some of which was unusual due to a strong El Nino that has been effect. March brings the transitional weather from winter to spring.

The full moon in March is on the 23rd and called the Full Worm Moon. At the time of this spring moon, the ground begins to soften and earthworm casts reappear, inviting the return of robins.

Meteorological Spring starts March 1st while Astronomical Spring starts March 20th (Vernal Equinox).

Daylight Saving Time (DST) begins on March 13th this year - set your clocks ahead!
Dang, that's the way it goes, I think I remember Gizmo telling us to "Spring back and fall forward", so it's really "Spring forward
and fall back".
:lolol:

Sorry about that Gizmo, couldn't resist.:lol:

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
37,410 Posts
Today
Partly sunny, with a high near 37. Northwest wind 5 to 9 mph becoming calm.

Tonight
Rain, mainly after 8pm. Low around 34. Southeast wind 3 to 8 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New precipitation amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible.

Wednesday
Rain before 8am, then rain and snow showers between 8am and 11am, then a chance of snow showers after 11am. Temperature falling to around 27 by 5pm. Northwest wind 9 to 18 mph, with gusts as high as 30 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of less than a half inch possible.

Wednesday Night
A slight chance of snow showers before 8pm. Mostly clear, with a low around 13. Wind chill values as low as zero. Northwest wind 11 to 16 mph. Chance of precipitation is 20%.

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
37,410 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,067 Posts
Dang, that's the way it goes, I think I remember Gizmo telling us to "Spring back and fall forward", so it's really "Spring forward
and fall back".
:lolol:
Sorry about that Gizmo, couldn't resist.:lol:
Don't know about anyone else but I'm gettin' dizzy. :laugh:

Well, March 1st. Do tell, spring is a comin'!! :yahoo: Weeping cherry out front should be in full bloom around the 25th, the day my FIL past years ago and the day in '65 I was sworn in.

This 7 day gives you a clue as to this week and probably a better part of the month.
7day.jpg

Heard we've had the wettest winter in 75yrs and already met the 'rain years' total.

·
Registered
4,426 Posts
Winter storm warning until 11 pm. 6-10 expected. 21 right now, high 27 today :plowsnow:

·
Registered
4,243 Posts
We are going to be a little wet, but the temps are starting to stay in the 60s.

Capture.PNG

·
Registered
2,212 Posts
Snow in the Fox Valley of Wisconsin

Great thing is since only arrived yesterday I still have my Georgia plates on the car. Everyone sees those and gifts me a wide berth.

·
Registered
22,657 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Temp overnight bottomed out at 30° and holding. Looks like the last "nice" day this week with a high predicted of 53°. Then nasty cold (for this time of year) for the rest of the week with highs only in the 30's.

Capture31.jpg

·
Chief Stick-picker-upper
11,253 Posts
63° and overcast at 8:46 am.
77° for the expected high with a 40% chance of scattered showers.

·
Chief Stick-picker-upper
11,253 Posts
8:50 am...............Sun just peeked through the clouds. :bigthumb:

·
Old Pa-pa
11,736 Posts
75*, Humidity 65%, very cloudy, but no rain yet, got done with what I had to do. :yahoo:

·
Chief Stick-picker-upper
11,253 Posts
It made it to 79° today. Sun was shining now & then.
Clouded up a bunch late afternoon and started drizzling a few minutes ago.

I ended up not going to work at all today. Stayed home and tended to the wife. Went to the pharmacy to pick up her prescription. They only gave me one; and she had two. I didn't know there were two, so I had to drive back. These chain pharmacies really tick me off.

·
Super Moderator
8,042 Posts
Mid 30's when I left the house this AM. Raining lightly. It's supposed to get into the high 40's and then clear up later today. :thumbup1gif:

·
Premium Member
14,714 Posts
Wind not calm ,but better than the 40 mph+ that we had last night. Yesterday it was 66° now 22° with high maybe 30°seeing a few snow flurries.

·
Registered
22,657 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Typical early March weather here with the battle between winter and spring.

Yesterday's high was 60° - very pleasant! But the high today is predicted for 30° - a 30° difference in a 24 hour period - this is going to hurt I am thinking....

Supposed to stay cold (normal high for this period is 42°) the rest of this week with highs in the 30's. But next week looks to have highs in the upper 50's and low 60's - that should be nice!

I'm quickly loosing hope of ever plowing snow this winter......maybe Gizmo is right.....

1 - 20 of 191 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.