Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 175 Posts

·
Registered
22,632 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Welcome to May!

The full moon is on the 21st and called the Full Flower Moon. Other names are Mother's Moon, Milk Moon, and Corn Planting Moon marking a time of increasing fertility with temperatures warm enough for safely bearing young, a near end to late frosts, and plants in bloom.

·
Registered
12,280 Posts
Coaltrain-in ur research for may-did u fine anything as to when we might have our last frost downhere where i live, if the full moon is on the 21st, we usually have a frost with the full moon, just wondering if u had seen anything.

raining here-no temps as my outside weather machine blew up this last week:laugh: wife says i can't have a new one cause i bought thumping fenders-Wimmins-huh:banghead:

·
Old Pa-pa
11,727 Posts
Coaltrain-in ur research for may-did u fine anything as to when we might have our last frost downhere where i live, if the full moon is on the 21st, we usually have a frost with the full moon, just wondering if u had seen anything.

raining here-no temps as my outside weather machine blew up this last week:laugh: wife says i can't have a new one cause i bought thumping fenders-Wimmins-huh:banghead:
What is the weather station doing, not doing and what brand is it?
Done repaired a few for friends, including my own.

·
Registered
12,280 Posts
What is the weather station doing, not doing and what brand is it?
Done repaired a few for friends, including my own.
the other day it said it was 80 something degrees out-ha-and it was raining like crazy. its a oregon scientific, model wwr80a. weve had this thing for around 12 yrs, this is the first time it's messed up. we haven't checked the outside battery yet, but before the inside stand told us time to change battery. right now it says it's 668 outside, and no sign of rain, wife will get manual out and see what it says-but thanks.

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
37,387 Posts
Looks like rain for May.

Today
Rain. High near 45. Light southeast wind increasing to 5 to 10 mph in the morning. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New precipitation amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible.

Tonight
A chance of showers. Cloudy, with a low around 42. East wind 3 to 7 mph. Chance of precipitation is 40%. New precipitation amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch possible.

Monday
Rain, mainly before 3pm, then a chance of showers after 3pm. High near 57. East wind around 5 mph becoming calm. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New precipitation amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch possible.

Monday Night
A chance of showers before 9pm, then a slight chance of showers after 3am. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 42. Northwest wind around 7 mph. Chance of precipitation is 30%. New precipitation amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible.

Tuesday
A chance of showers, mainly after 9am. Partly sunny, with a high near 62. North wind 3 to 5 mph. Chance of precipitation is 40%.

Tuesday Night
A slight chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 44. Chance of precipitation is 20%.

Wednesday
A chance of showers after 9am. Partly sunny, with a high near 62. Chance of precipitation is 40%.

Wednesday Night
A chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 45. Chance of precipitation is 50%.

Thursday
Showers likely, mainly after 9am. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 60. Chance of precipitation is 60%.

Thursday Night
Showers likely, mainly before 9pm. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 45. Chance of precipitation is 60%.

Friday

A chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 61. Chance of precipitation is 50%.

Friday Night
A chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 45. Chance of precipitation is 50%.

Saturday
A chance of showers. Partly sunny, with a high near 62. Chance of precipitation is 50%.

·
Chief Stick-picker-upper
11,247 Posts
Weather in the Bayou state. At least the part of the state I live in.

72° and cloudy. Should reach near 83° later in the day.

"I hear thunder in the distance".

Oh-oh!! Look at the Lightening Strikes in the image below.

·
Registered
22,632 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
There is no way of telling last frost from what I know. I do know however that up here we can't plant anything fragile until Memorial Day weekend.

--------------------------------------------------------

Light steady rain overnight - registered 0.55". Temp stayed steady at 50° all night.

Forecast calls for on and off light rain today - calling for a high of 61°. I don't believe it though - yesterday's forecast said 60° and it never go above 53°.

jpgwebcam.jpg

·
Registered
4,418 Posts
Another month, rainy misty morning. 45 now high 54 today.

·
Corndog Hater
11,685 Posts

Yesterday was similar to coaltrain here as it never quite got to 60°. The rainfall amount is since midnight. We had another .25" before midnight. We also had .25" late Friday into early Saturday. Was just telling Mrs. CP that the weather doesn't seem to be terrible but not great either. Mother's Day is in 1 week and it doesn't seem any where close to being hanging flower basket weather here yet.

·
Old Pa-pa
11,727 Posts
Dark as night outside, thunder, heavy rain, under a flash floor warning.
According to extrapolation software, rain falling at 3.01 inches/per hour, hope that lets up in a bit.:banghead:

·
Registered
22,632 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Dark as night outside, thunder, heavy rain, under a flash floor warning.
According to extrapolation software, rain falling at 3.01 inches/per hour, hope that lets up in a bit.:banghead:
That should qualify as "cats and dogs"!

·
Old Pa-pa
11,727 Posts
Well today officially sucks, hadn't stopped raining all day.
Noticed one of the ditches wasn't draining too great on the right side, went walk to
the 14" culvert about 400 feet out back, sticks and leave built a nice little dam.
Unplugged it with hoe and shovel, like a little Niagara Falls now.:lol:
Boots wet, pants legs wet.:banghead:

·
Old Pa-pa
11,727 Posts
Well today officially sucks, hadn't stopped raining all day.
Noticed one of the ditches wasn't draining too great on the right side, went walk to
the 14" culvert about 400 feet out back, sticks and leave leafs built a nice little dam.
Unplugged it with hoe and shovel, like a little Niagara Falls now.:lol:
Boots wet, pants legs wet.:banghead:
Need to get the "edit" function fixed for people like illiterate Cajun, leafs, not leave.:laugh:

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Wet and cool today 50's. It will be like that all week.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
10,067 Posts

Wind died down, don't know where the temps ended up today but it had to be more than 35*. Most of the snow has disappeared, should see the rest of it go in the next day or so. The road is an absolute mess, going to be fun grading out all the ruts.

·
Registered
4,418 Posts
Rain and drizzle this morning, 43 now. High 60 today.

·
Registered
22,632 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Temperature stayed at 52° overnight again - I think the temp hasn't wavered more than 2-3 degrees day or night in 3 days now. Not really uncomfortable - just weird I guess.

Had a couple nice little thunderstorms rumble through earlier between 5am-7am - registered 0.21".

Forecast says warmer today with a high of 68° - will have to see if it will break from the low 50's trend.

jpgwebcam.jpg

1 - 20 of 175 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.