Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 191 Posts

·
Registered
21,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Welcome to the May 2019 weather thread!

The full moon in May is on the 18th. Depending on the community, May’s full Moon was called the Full Flower Moon as well as Mother’s Moon, Milk Moon, and Corn Planting Moon. The May full Moon marked a time of increasing fertility, with temperatures warm enough for safely bearing young, a near end to late frosts, and plants in bloom.

·
Registered
3,962 Posts
I already know WET:flag_of_truce::rain::banghead:

·
Registered
3,829 Posts
I'll let you know tomorrow.:lol:

·
Registered
3,829 Posts
It's raining again.

·
Registered
21,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
50* with our usual 100% humidity this morning - calling for a high of 69* today with some rain for this afternoon and/or evening.

The NOAA forecaster for our area said we are stuck in this until Sunday with a cold frost comes through and pushes this rainy stuff out. Chance of rain everyday until then. He is cautiously optimistic for some drier weather next week.

CE583230-70D3-427B-99E9-6FA51AE08361.png

946B316C-4B42-427D-8AEC-4273627C581C.jpeg

·
Registered
21,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
My rain stats for April -

Monthly total - 4.512
Rain days - 17
April average - 3.184

Year total to date - 10.913
Ave total to date - 9.995

So we are still ahead (wetter) by 1” so far this year. The ground has never really dried out from last fall’s record rainfall. Each time it rains now we are back to saturated ground. We really need a good drying out period....

·
Corndog Hater
11,133 Posts
It's raining again.
A lot of this rain seems to be going north. Don't get me wrong, we've had rain, but the ground here seems to be drying up.....very slowly.

I hope to do a better job keeping up here. Last week we enjoyed warm temps down south. Temps were in the mid to upper 80's most days with sunshine, a light breeze and low humidity. It was a dream! Then we came home to snow spitting, but luckily no accumulation.

We've had rain on and off, but none in the last 24 hours. It's partly sunny now with a temp of 61°, headed to 73° today. The rain will come later tonight, with storms possible. Our outlook through the weekend includes rain on every day except Sunday, but Saturday is just a chance.

Our rain stat for last month is 4.79" (Thanks CT for posting, I always forget to look until I see yours)

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
60 this morning and will stay right about there all day. Its very cloudy but they say no rain until possible showers late tonight. We'll see if they guessed correctly or not.

·
Registered
3,962 Posts
More rain. Most stayed north of us but we still got enough. Warm this afternoon, 66 now. Thunderstorms possible later.

Attachments

·
Old Pa-pa
11,356 Posts
Really has been decent so far this year rain wise, ground has been having a chance to dry between rain events plus
lots of clear blue skies and sunshine.

Had 8.39" in April, but was spaced out with long drying periods.

Year to date 16.99".

Attachments

·
Registered
3,962 Posts
Foggy this morning and 41. Cloudy today with thunderstorms possible late afternoon and tonight. High of 65.

Attachments

·
Corndog Hater
11,133 Posts
Our weather station recorded 86° yesterday in the afternoon. I saw 85° on the thermometer in the truck on my way home and thought is was wrong! A mix of sun and clouds, made it a nice day.

The winds picked up and a couple VERY brief gully washers came through before midnight. The rain looks to have tapered off now, 0.31" so far. It's 60° now with slowly clearing skies and a high of 66° today. Then more rain and storms move in for late tonight and early tomorrow.

·
Registered
572 Posts
The forecast has been very bleek around here...

Lots and lots of rain, and lots and lots of flooding.

·
Old Pa-pa
11,356 Posts
Hit 90* yesterday, hit 90* today around noon, clouds rolled in now, dropped to 85*.

The heat is trying to come on........................:laugh:

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
55 this morning and a bit foggy. Partly cloudy today high today of 74. Scattered thunderstorms this evening. Looks like the same weather pattern for the weekend.

I saw 86 on the weather station yesterday afternoon, it felt pretty hot working outside yesterday.

1 - 20 of 191 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.