Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 196 Posts

·
Registered
22,679 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Welcome to the November weather thread!

The full moon in November is on the 23rd. November’s full Moon was called the Beaver Moon by both the Algonquin tribes and colonial Americans. The Native Americans used the monthly Moons and nature’s signs as a sort of calendar to track the seasons.

Why this name? Back then, this was the month to set beaver traps before the swamps froze, to ensure a supply of warm winter furs.

The November full Moon was also called the Full Frost Moon by other Native American tribes.

·
Registered
22,679 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
54* this morning - quite warm out on the porch and dark! Calling for a high of 58* today with more rain....

402E1E35-D595-4C63-8035-7A491DBA6AD7.png

·
Registered
2,178 Posts
48 this morning here....funny that we are that much colder than northern PA! Headed to 73 for a high.

We hit 70 with lots of sun yesterday. Grass is still growing....i cut the chapel grass last evening, had to make the cemetery look good for Halloween!! :laugh:

·
Registered
22,679 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
48 this morning here....funny that we are that much colder than northern PA! Headed to 73 for a high.

We hit 70 with lots of sun yesterday. Grass is still growing....i cut the chapel grass last evening, had to make the cemetery look good for Halloween!! :laugh:
I need another mowing also plus to start chopping up leaves but it’s been soaking wet forever....

·
Registered
4,432 Posts
Another month towards winter and retirement :yahoo:. Wet here still. Stopped rain finally yesterday afternoon and sun came out. Overcast today with rain again tonight.

Attachments

·
Old Pa-pa
11,740 Posts
Front came blasting thru between 4 and 6 AM, picked up 3.94" of rain to start the month. :banghead:

Had some wind and house shaker thunder and lightening.

Temp 72*, humidity 88%, gray and gloomy.

·
Registered
22,679 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
My rain stats from October -

Days with rain - 20
Rain total - 4.65
Oct average - 3.49
Year to date - 46.03
Average YTD - 32.89

That gives us 13.14” over the average so far this year.

·
Registered
22,679 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
53* this morning with fog and 100% humidity - calling for a high of 55* today. That high is supposed to happen around noon with the temp dropping from there.

We had a downpour around 3:30 this morning - .33” in a matter of minutes.

D439DF5F-9ED5-4FD6-B3D8-97F0BF2A401D.png

·
Corndog Hater
11,687 Posts
CT always jogs my memory to go back and check my stats. October brought us 7.47" of rain. With a high of 1.61" last Saturday. The past 7 days has brought us 3.95" of rain with only Tuesday having no measurable rain. As soon as I get a day that isn't raining, I'll get the 185 and cart out and clean up the rest of the leaves and yard waste, then call the yard work done. It's just too wet to do anything else. The 1026R with the R4s on the lawn would be a disaster.

Warm here this morning at 55° and 0.14" of rain since midnight, the temp feels good, and it's not raining at the moment. Off and on showers today with the temps falling into the 40s.

·
Registered
2,178 Posts
69 this morning, high today of 71 with rain through the day, tonight and into tomorrow.

Supposed to clear off and be dry most of Sat & Sun so maybe some grass / leaf work on Sunday.

·
Registered
363 Posts
38[SUP]o[/SUP] this morning with a forecast high of 43[SUP]o[/SUP] and overcast.

In preparation for the winter the CFO request a few upgrades to keep the house warm. We have a contractor coming over to change an HVAC run out to the mudroom, place dampers off main branch and install a Nest thermostat. Also having a second company over to install a new insulated door from mud room to garage as well as blow in an additional 6" of insulation to bring the attic up to R49.

·
Registered
4,432 Posts
Overcast drizzle and 43. High 45 today. Looks like a dry weekend then rain returns Sunday night.

Attachments

·
Old Pa-pa
11,740 Posts
Just checked last years stats. compared to this years stats thru the end of October.

2017 = 82.52"

2018 = 67.91"

So this year has actually been dryer than last, big whoop........................:banghead::banghead:

Dropped down to 49* last night, 67* now with humidity 54%, north wind, clear blue skies. :yahoo:

·
Registered
2,178 Posts
52 this morning and the overnight rain has stopped after about .9" / Lots of wind last night, highest gust hit 25 on the gauge. High today of 58, breezy partly cloudy forecast. Tomorrow is about same temps but with more sun.

When it gets lighter I will see if any big branches came down. I am sure lots of leaves dropped. I'll let them dry a bit today and get the lawn vac out tomorrow afternoon to start the clean up.

·
Registered
22,679 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
42* this morning with 100% humidity - calling for a high of 46* today with a bout of rain just about starting. Lots of leaves down now also but seems it will never dry out enough to chop them up.

A99A7600-B2BA-4A4B-8590-E4844035A1D1.png

·
Registered
4,432 Posts
Another day overcast drizzled more here again. Supposed to see some sun today.

:banghead::banghead:I hate it when we turn clocks back. Hate that it get so dark so early

Attachments

1 - 20 of 196 Posts