Green Tractor Talk banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 117 Posts

·
Registered
21,942 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Welcome to the October 2019 weather thread!

The Full Hunter’s Moon will reach peak fullness on Sunday, October 13.

The moon won’t be visible in the sky until right around sunset that evening, and will set around sunrise the next day. It’s the only night in the month when the moon is in the sky all night long.

Because the Hunter’s Moon rises from the horizon around sunset, it may appear bigger and more orange than your typical full moon.

The Hunter’s Moon relates directly to the Harvest Moon. The first full Moon to occur after the Harvest Moon (which is the closest full moon to the autumnal equinox) takes on the mantle of “Hunter’s Moon,” which means that the Full Hunter’s Moon may occur in either October or November, depending on when the Harvest Moon is.

Some folks believe that this full moon was called the Full Hunter’s Moon because it signaled the time to go hunting in preparation for winter. Since the harvesters had recently reaped the fields under the Harvest Moon, hunters could easily see the fattened deer and other animals that had come out to glean (and the foxes and wolves that had come out to prey on them).

·
Registered
575 Posts
Unseasonably HOT!!!! Close to 90 today!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
506 Posts
WV- Autumn is officially tardy in southern Ohio. A truancy officer will be dispatched tomorrow. We hit 90°F today and will until later this week, when cooler heads will prevail.

Brian

Unseasonably HOT!!!! Close to 90 today!!

·
Registered
4,214 Posts
Man it’s warm and humid this morning. 69 headed for 82. Thunder and a cold front coming threw tonight. Temps fall after today to more fall like temps finally.

Attachments

·
Registered
575 Posts
The yard is now “crunchy” when you walk on it!!! Not a drop of rain in atleast 3 weeks!!!!

·
Registered
21,942 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Some basic stats from September -

Total rain - 2.14”
Sep 2018 - 7.47”

High temp - 86.5*
Low temp - 44.8*

High dew point - 74.8*
Low dew point - 41.2*

—————-

63* this morning and humid - calling for a high of 83* today. Average high for today is 69*.....

83B80C00-69A9-414A-8B07-CA1F74555F7D.png

·
Registered
55 Posts
99 yesterday at my place in SC but cooling to 97 today then back up until Saturday then dropping to the low 80’s and hopefully a goodbye to record heat for this year.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
357 Posts
In my neck of the woods, today is the 33rd consecutive day with no measurable rain, breaking the
previous record of 32. Probably will hit 39 or 40 days. It was the driest September on record, ironically
September 2018 was the wettest on record.

Today, tomorrow, and Thursday about 95, breaking temperature records for the date. Miserable around here.

:desert:

·
Registered
167 Posts
Still hot here in North Texas. September was a beast with all but 1 day well above 90 degrees. We have been told 2 fronts on the horizon so maybe next week we start to feel normal.

·
Registered
2,632 Posts
2019 is now officially the wettest year ever recorded and we still have three months left. We can’t seem to go more than a day or two without rain. Rained all day yesterday. It’s not supposed to rain today,but rain is forecasted to return this evening.

Currently it’s 57*.

·
Registered
4,214 Posts
Same here Eric. Rain all day here yesterday and thunderstorms overnight. Can’t remember last time it was so noisy with thunder overnight. Flood watch until 1700 hrs today with more heavy rain on the way. Cooler now with the cold front came threw last night. High of 62 and staying cool as far out as I can see. Where was all this rain this summer when we really needed it.

Attachments

·
Registered
21,942 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
High temp yesterday was 86.5* - normal high is 69*.....

61* this morning - calling for a high of 79* today. Rain coming in toward evening with the first weak front. Proper cold front comes through tomorrow with rain for the day - then to more seasonable if not cooler temps the rest of the week.

86D31FA5-FF70-41E2-802E-BEA7600842EE.png

·
Chief Stick-picker-upper
10,696 Posts
Oh, man! It's so hot down here. :gaah:(90°, 102° heat index)

I'd move up north, but my hands don't fit snow shovels. :mocking:

I heard about talk in a secret weather guesser's conversation, highs next week are supposed to be in the mid '80's. :dunno:

:laugh:

:cheers:

·
Registered
21,942 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
53* this morning - calling for a high of 66* today with rain as the front approaches.

Had a brief heavy rain around 3pm yesterday afternoon. From then on and overnight it was so humid you could hardly breathe. Can’t wait for this front to push through this evening and get rid of this air!

F3090441-5D37-4009-A63E-DA53E6F4F945.png

·
Registered
4,214 Posts
52 and rain this morning. Showers all day and high of 65. Dumped 2-1/2” out of rain gauge yesterday morning not sure how much is in there again.

Attachments

·
Registered
55 Posts
99 today and tomorrow but relief forecast for weekend...... low to mid 80’s. No rain for immediate future.

·
Registered
4,214 Posts
Dumped out another 1-1/4” of rain since yesterday morning.

·
Registered
2,632 Posts
It’s currently 57* . Got another 1/2” of rain overnight.

·
Registered
4,214 Posts
Monsoon finally came to an end yesterday afternoon. Hopefully can dry out enough to catch up on mowing. We’re was all this when we needed it. 46 this morning and a high of 54. North winds 5-10 should help dry. Freeze warns just north of us tonight.

Attachments

·
Registered
21,942 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
The word of the day weather wise is refreshing!

Currently 55* with a stiff NW breeze - frost advisory for tonight.

1 - 20 of 117 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.