Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Administrator
20,978 Posts
Not to be an a$$, but it's worth what you'll pay for it. Try doing a search on them and see what the going price has been. :good2:

I doubt it's QH compatible. See the bolt holding the upper support bars to the upper pin location? That'll block the upper hook on the QH. I'm sure it could be modded to fit, but it could range from just relocating that bolt to major surgery on the entire hitch.

·
Registered
4,209 Posts
There was not a clear shot of the pin below the normal 3pt top link connection, but that is normally where the top of the iMatch goes, so it would appear that it has a good chance of being iMatch compatible. My 8ft rock rake did not have that pin when I bought it last year, so I had to drill a hole and add it and now the iMatch works just fine. It works real great on a gravel drive, provided the fines in the gravel have not set up too hard. Around here most people use AB3 for the base as it sets up real hard after getting wet and then put a layer of 3/4 inch gravel on top of that, which works fine with the rock rake. If the gravel drive has set up too hard, the only way I can do anything with it is to work it immediately after a rain.

Dave

Reactions: BigJim55

·
Premium Member
2,146 Posts
Howse landscape rake

This has been listed locally for almost 2 months. Are these Howse rakes any good and what is it really worth?
Anyone know if it's iMatch compatible?

I agree with others concerning this rake not being quick hitch compatible.
TSC's county line rake is quick hitch compatible. For the extra $99.00, buy one that doesn't require modifying it to make it fit the quick hitch, of course unless you can talk the person who has that one for sale to lower his price dramatically.

Just my two cents!! :good2:
CountyLine Landscape Rake, 5 ft. W - For Life Out Here

Reactions: Levi and BigJim55

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I don't really need it but I've helped a few friends out with the box blade to remove potholes in their drives. I've found it's a fair amount of work to really get things smoothed out with a 48" BB and thought that a 6' rake that can be angled would make the finishing less of a chore. Going to the nearest TSC becomes an all day ordeal as the closet one is at least 2 hrs. each way. Sort of wondering if this is worth $300, I figure $400 isn't the right price or it would have sold already. Also searches of Howse reviews turns up widely differing opinions of their quality.

·
Bonehead Club Lackey
10,279 Posts
Little high on the price. From the looks of it you could make it iMatch compatible. Take the 2 center arms and put them on the outside and it would open up the inside for the top hook.

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
38,090 Posts
IMO, If it had gauge wheels it may be worth $400.00.

·
Registered
498 Posts
Well.. Here in MN a 6' Howse landscape rake sells for 475 new from a Kioti dealer up in Ramsey County.

·
Registered
12,637 Posts
Well.. Here in MN a 6' Howse landscape rake sells for 475 new from a Kioti dealer up in Ramsey County.
mn1025rfilb--do u think Howse is as good as other rakes--like say a TSC, Frontier, etc. I think if I was wanting it, and it's been for sale for 2months, i'dl offer him 275 bucks, if he him-haws around, go up to 300bucks final offer. let him ur number, and after s a couple of days he probably will call u. he can put his own wheel kit on later. I trucked out on the Island, it was not real bad, but not the best neither, lots and lots of traffic to deal with for sure.

Reactions: Levi and vacruiser

·
Registered
498 Posts
mn1025rfilb--do u think Howse is as good as other rakes--like say a TSC, Frontier, etc. I think if I was wanting it, and it's been for sale for 2months, i'dl offer him 275 bucks, if he him-haws around, go up to 300bucks final offer. let him ur number, and after s a couple of days he probably will call u. he can put his own wheel kit on later. I trucked out on the Island, it was not real bad, but not the best neither, lots and lots of traffic to deal with for sure.
Honestly couldn't say for sure... Don't have one, just the price quote.... Still figuring on a rake.

I'll most likely go with the Everything Attachments rake. Seems to be good quality at a good value

·
Registered
12,637 Posts
Honestly couldn't say for sure... Don't have one, just the price quote.... Still figuring on a rake.

I'll most likely go with the Everything Attachments rake. Seems to be good quality at a good value
YELP-I THINK THEY MAKE VERY GOOD PRODUCTS DOWN THEIR--grr-darn caps on.:banghead: if I didn't have my frontier, i'dl go for everything attachments. I really like his post hole digger.:thumbup1gif:

Reactions: Levi

·
Registered
453 Posts
The EA stuff is nice but the shipping isn't really free. What is in life... I was pricing a landscape rake from them and looked into the shipping...to find that it ships to a trucking terminal and not my residence or nearby business. Both of the terminal choices are a 40+ mile drive one way for me. It's going to be more cost effective for me to just buy from the local TSC. Now when will they come out with their spring 10% off promotion?

Reactions: Levi and BigJim55
1 - 12 of 12 Posts