Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone own a Husqavarna 372XP? Do you like it? Any known issues with them? What length bar(s) do you run on it? If you purchased it in the last couple years what was the price if I may ask?

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
I used to work at a tree service where those were the primary ground saws (cutting up felled lumber). They were powerful and didn't break unless they got dropped from a height, crushed by a log, or run over.

Yes...those things all happened.

·
Registered
2,723 Posts
I've had a 371XP for about 17 years.
Great saw.
Been through chains and a couple bars. A cracked fuel line in tank, and replaced the fuel cap.
That's it.:good2:

·
Super Moderator
7,798 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
I've had mine for about 15 years. 20" bar. Reliable and powerful. Cold, it's not a "start on the first pull" engine, though. It periodically leaks some bar oil out-though not all the time. Or worth fixing. The adjustable bar oiling is a neat feature.

·
Registered
576 Posts
I've had a 262xp for almost 20 years. Still love it. I've cut through some very thick timber and could never see getting longer than a 20" bar.

·
Registered
568 Posts
the 372xp probally the best pro saw made.. raw power meant to cut all day everyday... i have 32" bar with full chisel chain its a little big for the balance of the saw but the saw power can handle no problem. but for most a 28" bar will be best.. mine is a 2016 zero problems cutting big timber..
i also have a 455
and a 240 with a 18" bar and full chisel chain.

with a 372xp you can use it for 10yrs hard and as long as its not smashed into tiny bits and runs it will still be worth at least 500$:bigthumb:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts