Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,906 Posts
My understanding is that it is the upgrade from the MX10.

Dave

·
Premium Member
7,593 Posts
My understanding is that it is the upgrade from the MX10.

Dave
Agreed.

MX10 has an 81HP center gear box and 54HP outer gear boxes and 2" cut capacity

HX10 has a 109HP center gear box and 84HP outer gear boxes and 3" cut capacity, plus weights 200lbs more.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well I'm gonna run it of of a 85 pto powered tractor. I just have not seen much reviews on them. I guess maybe since they cost a a grand or so more every on buys the MX10 instead.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Deere HX10 cutter

Is a HX 10 Rotary Mower a good choice

I've owned one for a bit over a year now and can sum it up in a word, 'beastly'. You won't be disappointed. I've been using a Woods 6' BB720X and it's been nice to have the wider cut with something just as rugged if not more. I've hit rocks with HX10, cut large 6"+ trees (very slowly) and have mowed through thick brush, usually in reverse. It still looks and cuts like brand new! My only regret is that I've been pulling it on 2-wheel drive classic iron and it can get heavy on wet hills. My PTO is about 57 and the HX10 manual says the minimum PTO is 50. Your tractor shouldn't have any problem and from what I know now, I wouldn't put it on anything less than 60 PTO but suppose it all depends on what you're cutting down.

http://www.greentractortalk.com/forums/images/smilies/greentractor.gif

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That mower is a pretty good set up with my 5100E. It don't vibrate or anything when I kick the pto on. The only thing is I wish my 540E would work with the mower but it won't even turn it on.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts