Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was given a set of HXT mulching blades. Previous owner said they did not perform as he thought. He did not elaborate.
I want to put them on my JD 345 with 54" mower deck. With the wet weather we are experiencing this spring, I am mowing quite a bit.
Great seat time, but I then need to pick up the extra cut grass. I really do not have a convenient place to dispose of all the grass.
So, I want to put this new to me mulch blades on my JD345 and see if they will reduce considerably the amount of cut grass. I do not have a mulch kit on my 54 deck. Will I be disappointed with the performance of these blades with out the mulch kit on my deck?
Thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
754 Posts
Wildfox, For years, 30+ !, I've had a vacuum on the back of my mower (314 & 46 deck), but as I'm approaching 70, the 36 gallon bucket of clippings is getting heavier! I bought a set of Predator blades for my 46 deck, found & attached a piece of sheetmetal to cover the discharge, and mowed. So far, I'm VERY pleased with the results. The only fault I've found is when the grass is really high...they'll leave a "windrow" near the discharge. If you cut when you should, the clippings are very fine, evenly distributed, and barely noticeable. I love them! Bob

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Okay, I will installed them, and give them a try. I also need to make a block off plate for the deck discharge area.
With out the mulch kit on my deck and using these new mulching blades, should I make a solid block off plate, no airflow, or a perforated
plate?
Thanks
:greentractorride:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts