Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,721 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you offer Hy Gard in 5 gallon pails @ greenfarmparts.com? How about fuel additive?

·
Premium Member
7,721 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

·
Registered
22,768 Posts
I think most vendors don't spend a lot of time at forums like this - they are running a business after all.

Before coming to a conclusion like that, why don't you contact them in the normal way with an email through their website? I would hazard a guess that you would get an answer within 24 hours.

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
37,517 Posts
I think most vendors don't spend a lot of time at forums like this - they are running a business after all.

Before coming to a conclusion like that, why don't you contact them in the normal way with an email through their website? I would hazard a guess that you would get an answer within 24 hours.
In all fairness the vendor should have gotten an email from the forum, No? :dunno:

·
Administrator
20,732 Posts
In all fairness the vendor should have gotten an email from the forum, No? :dunno:
Not unless they have that option selected in their profile settings.

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
37,517 Posts
Not unless they have that option selected in their profile settings.
Noooooooooooooo? :lol:
That should be mandatory for a Vendor.
What kind of outfit ya running here?:lol:

·
Premium Member
3,964 Posts
Noooooooooooooo? :lol:
That should be mandatory for a Vendor.
What kind of outfit ya running here?:lol:
Being that your are cop around here maybe you should go over there and do a welfare check. They could have fallen getting out of the shower.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
37,517 Posts
Being that your are cop around here maybe you should go over there and do a welfare check. They could have fallen getting out of the shower.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Good idea. Instead of going over there I just called them. :thumbup1gif: Please stand by.

·
Vendor
468 Posts
Well, we're a little more than embarrassed about not responding to this thread until now. I was on vacation at the House of Mouse and just back in the office this week playing catch up.....

No, we do not sell fuel additive or Hy-Gard in the 5 gallons buckets online. We sell the Hy-Gard in our stores in buckets, but due to HazMat shipping regulations it is tooooooo costly for us to ship them.

Sorry for the delay!

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
37,517 Posts
Thanks a bunch GreenFarmParts. :good2:

BTW, Vacations are good!

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
It is amazing that you can't ship a 5 gallon bucket of oil without all this hazmat stuff! It has to be shipped to where it is going someway. And of course you could ship 5, 1 gallon containers but not a 5 gallon container. The restrictions only get worse. Never mind the EPA!

·
Vendor
468 Posts
It is amazing that you can't ship a 5 gallon bucket of oil without all this hazmat stuff! It has to be shipped to where it is going someway. And of course you could ship 5, 1 gallon containers but not a 5 gallon container. The restrictions only get worse. Never mind the EPA!
Not to mention the folks who "sneaky" ship this stuff via UPS and FedEx without marking it. It that truck gets in an accident without the proper paperwork..............well, the fines are more than I make in a year! Shipping this stuff over the road (truck) is the only legit way to ship it but then who can afford that??

·
Registered
2,781 Posts
Even with out the gov regs, isn't the weight of a 5 gallon bucket a bit much for UPS ?

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
37,517 Posts
Even with out the gov regs, isn't the weight of a 5 gallon bucket a bit much for UPS ?
Don't know the limit but it is north of 120lbs.

·
Administrator
18,010 Posts
From the UPS website:

UPS has established specific weight and size limits for the packages that you send with all UPS services. The restrictions below only pertain to individual packages. There are no limits to the total weight of your shipment or the total number of packages in your shipment. Shipments larger than the limits listed below will require the use of our UPS Freight services.

• Packages can be up to 150 lbs (70 kg).
  • Packages can be up to 165 inches (419 cm) in length and girth combined.
  • Packages can be up to 108 inches (270 cm) in length.
  • Packages with a large size-to-weight ratio require special pricing and dimensional weight calculations.

·
Registered
2,160 Posts
Don't know the limit but it is north of 120lbs.
Years ago...when I worked on 500-1000 ton centrifugal chillers ,I would do a "stop inspection" on them every year. I had 14 Dillards stores under contract. All of the stores had two machines. Each machine took 20 gallons of oil. Centrifugal chillers work in a vacuum....so I had to haul 120 cu in of nitrogen bottle per machine in order to leak check them. I would also lose about 100lbs of refrigerant R-11 per machine during that process.

So to do a stop inspection...per store. I hauled 40 gallons of oil, 2-100 lb drums of r-11, 2- 120ci nitrogen bottles, and a whole bunch of tools and misc. up the stairs to the penthouse where the machines and cooling tower were. I used to be in pretty good shape...but I do not miss that ....heavy work and traveling three states to do it.

·
Registered
11,930 Posts
Years ago...when I worked on 500-1000 ton centrifugal chillers ,I would do a "stop inspection" on them every year. I had 14 Dillards stores under contract. All of the stores had two machines. Each machine took 20 gallons of oil. Centrifugal chillers work in a vacuum....so I had to haul 120 cu in of nitrogen bottle per machine in order to leak check them. I would also lose about 100lbs of refrigerant R-11 per machine during that process.

So to do a stop inspection...per store. I hauled 40 gallons of oil, 2-100 lb drums of r-11, 2- 120ci nitrogen bottles, and a whole bunch of tools and misc. up the stairs to the penthouse where the machines and cooling tower were. I used to be in pretty good shape...but I do not miss that ....heavy work and traveling three states to do it.
So, you are saying that you could not send all of your tools and supplies in one container via UPS?

I thought I would get ahead of Kenny and diesel to get this thread back on the rails.:laugh:

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
37,517 Posts
So, you are saying that you could not send all of your tools and supplies in one container via UPS?

I thought I would get ahead of Kenny and diesel to get this thread back on the rails.:laugh:
Absolutely commendable. :thumbup1gif:.............................................................................:lol:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts