Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Trying to decide if i should get the dealer to install a valve for one when he plums up the backhoe and root-grapple or do it myself.
Anyone have any thoughts on this subject or suggestions?
Thanks

I forgot to list equipment it will have when delivered, sorry.

JD 2019 2032R, 220R loader, Frontier AV20(F) root grapple, JD 260B BH, third function, power beyond kit.

For the 3pt trim and tilt i need to more hydralic cylinders and more valves i guess....confusing thats why I am seeking your advice

·
Premium Member
13,672 Posts
Gen-1 or Gen-2 2032R?

Reactions: goat704!

·
Premium Member
423 Posts
John Deere has 2 different kits for rear scv's. One has 1 set of couplings for Power Beyond use as in backhoe. The second offers 2 sets of couplings (which is what I installed) which can be used for the top link you speak of, and also a Power Beyond implement, or anything else you hook up back there (snowblower chute, etc.). The second set is 875.00 not installed. If you ordered your tractor with a backhoe I would assume the Power Beyond kit is part of the package. I'm not sure if Deere developed a 3rd function kit for adding a grapple to the 2032, now that they offer a grapple or they run lines to the front from the rear scv's. I added a aftermarket 3rd function kit for my grapple from EA with my grapple. It's not too hard to install if you have basic mechanical skills. Homestead Joe has video's of his install. Search his name.

Reactions: bfloyd4445

·
Premium Member
13,672 Posts
John Deere has 2 different kits for rear scv's. One has 1 set of couplings for Power Beyond use as in backhoe. The second offers 2 sets of couplings (which is what I installed) which can be used for the top link you speak of, and also a Power Beyond implement, or anything else you hook up back there (snowblower chute, etc.). The second set is 875.00 not installed. If you ordered your tractor with a backhoe I would assume the Power Beyond kit is part of the package. I'm not sure if Deere developed a 3rd function kit for adding a grapple to the 2032, now that they offer a grapple or they run lines to the front from the rear scv's. I added a aftermarket 3rd function kit for my grapple from EA with my grapple. It's not too hard to install if you have basic mechanical skills. Homestead Joe has video's of his install. Search his name.
What you describe is only available for the Gen-2 2032R. We don't yet know which version the OP has.

Reactions: goat704!

·
Premium Member
423 Posts
I'm just assuming it's a Gen 2.

·
Premium Member
1,527 Posts
I'm pretty sure bfloyd has a gen 2, but...this is why we have signatures! :)

What you want is dual rear scv kit, as others have said. It's not that hard to install, but letting the dealer do it gives you someone to blame if something goes wrong. Once you have those, then you just buy a top link (and/or a side/tilt link!).

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Reactions: Herminator

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
If it is a Gen 2, have the dealer install the 2 rear factory SCVs.

If it is a Gen 1, I don't believe that you can get the single rear SCV as well as be plumbed in for the back hoe with JD OEM product.
the two scv will allow the use of two hydralic cylinders one for top link and one for tilt right?

Reactions: Herminator

·
Premium Member
423 Posts
the two scv will allow the use of two hydralic cylinders one for top link and one for tilt right?
That is correct.

Your should add your tractor to your signature. It help's us.

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
What you describe is only available for the Gen-2 2032R. We don't yet know which version the OP has.
I ordered the machine with the 260B backhoe 220R loader and JD av20(F) root grapple so it will have the power beyond and third function as per my invoice.
When i asked him about a hydralic top linc he said that would be another 1100 and i would have to buy an after market hydralic top link. Geez.....kinda pricy.

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
That is correct.

Your should add your tractor to your signature. It help's us.
It hjasn't arrived yet. I will by the fouth of july. My mistake i should have listed what i had ordered maybe even posted a pix of the purchase order so everyone knows what it will have

·
Fit Rite Hydraulics
669 Posts
I ordered the machine with the 260B backhoe and JD av20(F) root grapple so it will have the power beyond and third function as per my invoice.
When i asked him about a hydralic top linc he said that would be another 1100 and i would have to buy an after market hydralic top link. Geez.....kinda pricy.
My bet is that the $1100 is going to be 2 rear SCVs and that is more than a fair price.

I know right now you think you only need 1 , but better to have an extra and not need it than to need it and not have it.

I think that JD does not have a single rear SCV option for that tractor?? :unknown:

I may be wrong, but I think that one of the rear SCVs has a constant flow feature which would work in place of a power beyond connection point.

Hopefully someone will confirm.

·
Premium Member
808 Posts
My bet is that the $1100 is going to be 2 rear SCVs and that is more than a fair price.

I know right now you think you only need 1 , but better to have an extra and not need it than to need it and not have it.

I think that JD does not have a single rear SCV option for that tractor?? :unknown:

I may be wrong, but I think that one of the rear SCVs has a constant flow feature which would work in place of a power beyond connection point.

You are correct on all counts.

Reactions: bfloyd4445

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

They are also charging me for the power beyond. a dual scv would allow me to add a 2nd cylinder on the bottom for tilt and leveling. Right?

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Correct. :good2:
Thanks for the confirmation.
I'll call the dealer n the morning and ask him to be sure he installed one with two valves with the power beyond. I'm always getting into situations with the bush hog in which i need to raise one side or the other or raise or lower the back of the implement and this will make it easy to do right from the drivers seat., Would also be handy with my rear blade and PH digger.
You don't have a picture of what it looks like with the 2 scv's installed? Does anyone?

Boy this is going to be an expensive itty bitty tractor....:laugh:

·
Premium Member
6,371 Posts

The power beyond is one option.

The dual rear svc’s are another and you can have both. I think homesteadJoe has both.
The continuos flow on one of these is an option as well. Maybe it is standard but I don’t think so.

Lots of info and photos here.

Top N Tilt for 2038R - Page 2

O

Reactions: mike01

·
Fit Rite Hydraulics
669 Posts
They are also charging me for the power beyond. a dual scv would allow me to add a 2nd cylinder on the bottom for tilt and leveling. Right?
Correct, a second rear SCV allows for a complete top & tilt set to be used without interruption of having to be switching hoses back and forth. :thumbup1gif:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,621 Posts
Top and tilt is the way to go. Got mine from Brian, everything is top notch and fits like a glove. It is so nice to be able to adjust box blades, landplanes,tillers, and everything else with two levers. So so nice. Would do it again in a heartbeat. Get both and never look back.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts